Chapter 33 - CROSSFIRE

Keld has arranged for her to stay in the mansion temporarily. Her face was once again displayed all over the television, with reports about her kidnapping surfacing and how she is now rescued by her ex-lover. 

The footage also showed clips of Levi and Keld confronting each other with the safe house as their backdrop. Her so-called parents were asked to be in an interview of everything that's happening to her. 

"Come home to us Kara. Please." 

All she could see was the pleading eyes that Chloe had while she was being interviewed. 

She's a damn good actress. 

The governor on the other hand simply expressed his sadness and of how much it stressed him out that his daughter is constantly in danger. 

She felt both of his arms wrapped around her as he sat down just behind her.

"Your father has invited me to a family dinner and he wanted me to come with you."

She turned her head towards him. 

Since she's gotten back, he's been extra cautious of her. He's been having hidden phone calls and he's been secretive. All of a sudden, she was disengaged from the plan. 

"Do you think we should go?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his.

"We can."

"Is it part of your plan?"

"It's part of our plan, it's just happening sooner than expected."

"Okay then. I think we should go. After all, I'm pretty sure you have all of this under control. Don't you?"

He let go of her and stood up. He started prepping himself with his coat and fixed his tie. 

She stood up and helped him with it. 

"Can I go somewhere? Only if you'll allow me."

"Where?"

"I wanna meet Giselle. For some reason, my laptop was never recovered so I don't have all of the videos that Kara had. I have a few questions and I think she's the only one who could help me."

"Sure. Take one of the bodyguards with you. I can't risk having you taken away again." he caressed her face as he finished fixing his suit. 

"Of course."

He bowed down and kissed her passionately. It almost took forever before he could let go.

"Call me okay?"

She smiled. "I will."

"I'll see you tonight."

She smirked, sensing what it was that he meant with it. 

As soon as she saw his car pull out of the driveway, she prepped herself with her usual jogging clothes and took her phone. She asked the same bodyguard who picked her up on that deserted place to come with her and drive for her. 

No one protested but she knows, Keld has given them very specific instructions. 

In a few minutes, they were driving towards the city. 

"What's your name again?"

"My name's Dean."

"Dean, I want to ask you something."

"What is it, Miss?"

"Are you loyal?" she was looking out the window as she was asking this question. 

"Loyalty is overrated Miss. I work for whoever can give me security. But my loyalty is not something that I can bargain for the money."

She smiled.