Chapter 31 - FEELINGS

Keld's bodyguards are now on red alert. Every single one of them is on edge with what just happened to Nora. 

It was now that he regretted not getting to her the moment she called. 

"Any news?" he turned to Terry, who was now rushing towards his office.

"I just heard about what happened. But I have contacted the service. They should be able to take a look at the safe house and identify who kidnapped her."

He stood up and started pacing all over the place. To Terry's bewilderment, he was suddenly throwing all of the things that were on his table. 

He punched a portion of the wall behind his desk. Some blood started to splurge for a bit, but his face has not changed pace. It remained as devastated as he has been since the start of that day. 

"You know this was always a possibility right?"

"I don't have time for your incessant blaming Terry. All I want right now is to know where she is! So call every single person you can call and tell them that this is a priority." he emphasized the last word. 

"No one shall come to me, without knowing where she is! I don't know where they will look for her, all I care is that they bring her back, as soon as possible!"

Terry saw how infuriating he looked. She knows how severe this whole incident is now, and this is the only time she has seen Keld looking like this. 

She stepped out of his office and dialed out a number to relay his command. 

As soon as Terry was out of his office, he grabbed his coat and got out of the building. He motioned for two of his bodyguards to follow him. 

Terry was left baffled as she could only look at his back as he was fleeing the building. 

Keld asked for his personal driver to take him to Nora's safe house. 

While on the ride, he recalled what happened the previous night.

"I hope you know, that ultimately, one of all of us will get hurt after all this is done. It could be me, it could be you, but I hope it would never be her. She's been through so much and her doing this for you, just means, she's not someone you can easily dismiss." she smirked as she turned around again.

"I don't have any intentions of hurting her. Neither do I have the same thoughts for you."

He saw how she stopped in the middle of the room and stared back at him again. 

Something about Luna screams intimidation. She has the most angelic face he could ever recall, but her eyes are deadly. If looks could actually kill, she'd be a convicted criminal by now. 

He often wondered why he could fall for a woman like her. 

She crossed her arms against her chest and stared straight at him. 

"You know, I've met Nora while she was roaming around this city. She didn't have anything way back. No food to eat. No home to sleep in. She's wearing the same clothes she's always been wearing every time we see her in this old diner where we used to grab some pie. We learned that she's a frequent bystander there, waiting for the next free slice of pie she could eat. We offered her a place to stay and a job we so wished she wouldn't take. But she did. Because she wanted to go to a university and finish her studies. She's been moved from one foster home to another. And every single time, it's either a step-brother or a step-father would try making a pass on her." her face turned sour just thinking about everything that Nora has been through, "When she turned 18, she got tired of the foster system and just got out. She'd rather be homeless than being in a home filled with stupid bastards who just can't keep it in their pants. That's what she needed to get away from."