Chapter 22 - DISAGREEMENT

They were sitting across each other silently having breakfast. She realized she got drunk last night while waiting for him and found herself this morning in her own bed with him spooning her. 

The thought of it suddenly made her look flushed. Her face grew pinkish just recalling the position she woke up with that morning. 

But what overwhelmed her the most was how Keld really looked so peaceful. Seeing him sleeping soundly like an angel made her thankful that she got drunk last night. If she hadn't, he would have just left just before the sun could even rise. 

"So.." her words lingered as she looked up from her plate to his face. "I wanted to talk to you about the party once again?"

"What about it?"

"Can I go?" she softly dropped her spoon and fork and folded both her hands together as she stared at him. 

"No."

"Why?"

"It's not the best time yet."

"Will you go?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I am not invited."

"Can't we do the same thing again as with the first time we met? The accidental thing? I'm pretty sure they'd be shocked."

"Why is that?"

"Well, your their daughter's ex-boyfriend. And the fact that after her disappearance, you both still suddenly found each other will surely stir up their insides."

She knows she's making sense. But all she could see is his poker face. She hated when he looked like that. 

"I can't risk it."

"Risk what?"

"You being exposed to them."

"Hold on, the moment I showed up all of a sudden in front of the media and telling people that my husband was the one who kidnapped me, is already an exposure. Isn't it?"

"Yes. But this is not the right time yet. We can't have them come near you. We haven't build up enough of your presence."

"Then when are we going to do that?"

"Soon."

"Right." she sighed, surrendering as she knows his decision is no longer going to change. 

She noticed him stood up and grab his coat. 

"Well, can I at least go shopping? Or visit my friends?"

"No. Not right now."

"I'm getting bored Keld. All I'm seeing are these bodyguards roaming around the entire property. I can't take it anymore."

"Well for someone who's been homeless for a long time, you sure are acting like a brat."

Her face turned sour hearing what he just said. 

"That is way below the belt."

"Well, that's how you sound like right now. At least for me. When I tell you that it's not the time yet, I hope you would keep in mind that I am only looking out for you."

She chuckled sarcastically. 

"Of course. I'm here to just follow whatever orders you tell me right? Why am I even forgetting that part? Technically, you're just paying me for a service that I'm supposed to provide. Well, guess what, we're talking about my life too!"

"What is with you today?"

"What is with you, today? You should be the one answering that question. But who am I right?" she walked out of the dining room and hurried towards her own room. She took her clothes off and grabbed a sports bra and her jogging shorts.