Chapter 9 - LIAM MILLER

A loud bang filled the entire room as the last person they were expecting came in. Liam Miller braced everyone with his pale-looking face and cold sweat-filled forehead. He was looking agitated and uneasy as he sat down beside the man of the house. 

At a round table, the family he's known now sits across him. The Governor himself is present symbolizing the severity of this meeting. He's the new addition to the family the moment he married their only daughter. 

He, like them, belonged to a family of politicians/businessmen trying to make a more visible mark in society. 

In his left was the eldest of the siblings, Levi about forty years old now, still single, and has no plans of tying the knot with the various women he's been playing around his fingers. He found fame in being a popular bachelor. Every week, a new name of celebrity, model, or newscaster gets attached to his name ultimately stacking up more to his reputation. 

Beside him is his younger brother Devon, another Lothario who, like his brother also makes it a hobby to play around with girls. They were known as the ruthless brothers yet girls just can't keep away from them. 

As they've gotten older, they've grown more popular with the female population. 

Next to him, is the woman who has also gained her fair share of popularity. The woman of the household who likes everyone in this family also holds a cunning reputation. She's known to be meticulous and unusually vehement when it comes to protecting her family at all costs. She stood by him in every possible scandal that both brothers have given this family. It wasn't too hard for her knowing that she's a retired actress. The camera may they be from the movies or from the paparazzi's loved her no matter what. 

And finally, the man himself who has effortlessly built up his family's reputation from the gutter, the most ambitious man he has ever known, Chris Victor Osmond. One of the most popular governors of the country and has been elaborately showing his intentions of someday becoming the next senator or even the next president of America. 

This was the most dysfunctional family he's ever known. But in his mind, they are exactly who he needs to rise even further with his business. That's why he married their only daughter who has sadly passed away. 

Today's agenda may have something to do with his upcoming campaign for the senatorial race. His term is about to end and the next thing on his agenda is to further his position politically. 

Both the brothers have already previously pledged of behaving during the length of the campaign to make sure that no scandal would ever popularize the name in the worst possible way. 

As his campaign manager started discussing the strategies for the campaign, a cellphone ringtone suddenly cut off every conversation within the room. 

His campaign manager excused herself and answered the call from a good far distance away from where they were. 

"Okay... I will... Yes... I understand."

He could barely hear her conversation yet he could make out some of her responses. All of a sudden, his heart started beating faster. She turns off her phone and came closer to the flat-screen television that was inside the office. 

"You might want to see this." she declared as she pressed the power button and tuned in to a particular channel. 

The TV screen soon showed the face of the person he would never ever dream of seeing again. 

"No." he whispered. "how..."

"Who is making this sick joke?" Victor stood up and came closer to the television set. His wife gasped as she too, could not believe the face she's seeing, filling the entire television.