Chapter 16 - SECRETS

She glanced at the window sill that's been humid coming from last night's winds. Beside her, she saw him flinch for a while but went back to sleep.
They fell asleep through the movie again, it's manifested on the TV screen that's still turned on but has stopped showing any picture.

She slowly slipped out of the bed's comforter and tiptoed towards the door. She prepared some hot water as she readied a mug with instant coffee powder in it. As soon as the water has boiled, she placed some on the mug that she's prepared. She walked towards the panic room that was now empty since all of her body guards are now roaming around the perimeter of the place.

She sat down in front of the screens that were showing the entire vicinity. One of the body guards just got back from checking the forest at the back of the cabin. The second one was roaming around the front yard while the other was on the pathway from outside.

As she looked at every part of the screen, the first body guard who just finished checking the forest joined the third guard in checking the entire stretch of the pathway surrounded by tall trees.

All of a sudden, she saw something move, or lurking in one of the corners of the forest. Something's there but she can barely see who it was. She moved her face closer to the screen as she tried her best to determine who it was. She's certain that someone is in there. 

She looked back at the screen where all three body guards were now meeting in the front yard as though they were discussing something. 

She took that as an opportunity to check who it was. She hurriedly grabbed her coat as her coffee mug remained on the table where the screens of the CCTV cameras were showing every activity in the area. 

She carefully closed the door behind her as she tiptoed from the threshold towards the middle of the grass filled path going into the forest. 

She could feel her hands growing cold as the morning winds started breathing against her skin. 

She's was still wearing her pajamas under her coat so there's clearly not enough cloth to protect her from the temperature outside. 

She quickly walked towards the part of the forest where she knew she saw someone, thinking that perhaps she could just quickly check it out and get back just before Keld would wake up. 

Her muscles were starting to get stiff as she realized she may have underestimated the coldness that was filling the morning air. 

She took a quick turn on the left corner of the part where she someone was lurking. She stared out into the entire place as she saw nothing. She tried pressing through the bushes yet, no one was there. 

Perhaps her eyes were playing tricks on her. 

She took a deep breathe as she started to turn around. But the moment she did so, she shouted upon seeing a woman standing across her. 

A sudden feel of fear crept inside her. With the shout she just made, someone really must have heard her. But the woman standing in front of her was staring at her calmly.

"You're not Kara are you? "she twitched her head sideways as she looked back at her green eyes. 

"Who---who are you?"

She clenched her fist as she slowly started taking a step towards her. 

"You really look alike. It's uncanny."

As she was stepping forward towards her, she was taking the opposite step backwards. She is unsure of what's behind her. But she knew that the entire forest is also filled with cliffs and that she maybe stepping into one right as of this time. 

HIS REVENGEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara