CH 16: Kicked Out

[Omg I'm like starting to run out of ideas for this story>< please comment ideas that I can use to make the story more interesting. I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!]

~~ONE WEEK LATER~~

I had begun working as a receptionist at SM Entertainment. I answered phone calls, delivered letters, organized files, and lots of other boring office type stuff.

Although this job did pay pretty well, since I was out of work for so long, I was having trouble paying bills. I had stayed up all night organizing papers and payments at my apartment and never realized I fell asleep at the table.

I felt someone nudging and pushing me. I lifted my head from the table and sleepily looked over to see Eunhyuk standing there next to me. Eunhyuk knew where I kept my extra key outside my door and I told him he can walk in whenever he wants.

"You okay Ava?" Eunhyuk asked helping me up.

He held out his hands for me and I grabbed them weakly, still half asleep from my stressful night. When I got to my feet, my knees gave out and I fell forward into Eunhyuk's arms. He caught me and held me tight as I regained my balance.

"S-sorry." I stuttered.

"It's okay. Why were you sleeping at your table?" Eunhyuk asked looking at the piles of papers on the table.

His eyes widened in shock.

"Ava! If you were backed up on money, you could always ask me."

"No! I'm not taking your hard-earned money Eunhyuk. I need to make my own living out here just like you have."

I then heard my phone vibrating on the table. My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw who it was. It was my land lord. I tried not to looked worried when I answered the phone.

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered.

As my land lord spoke to me on the other line, I slowly felt weaker and weaker.

"Wait, what?...... Are you sure?..... No no no. There has to be something I can do..... No please sir, just give me more time, I promise I'll get it in on time...... No sir wait!" The land lord hung up and I fell to the ground.

I buried my face into my hand and began crying. Eunhyuk quickly bent down and grabbed my shoulders.

"Ava what wrong! What happened!" Eunhyuk asked worried and concerned.

I tried to collect myself as Eunhyuk helped me stand up again. He pulled me into his arms and embraced me tightly.

"They're kicking me out..." I murmured into his sweater.

He pulled me away so he could look me in the eyes.

"What! They're kicking you out of your apartment!"

I nodded my head as more and more tears fell down my cheeks. Eunhyuk pulled me into his arms again lovingly.

"How could they do this to you?"

"I haven't paid my rent in months. They've given me so much time but I don't have the money to pay for it yet, so they're making me leave. I have three days."

"If they're making you leave, I won't let you live on the streets. You can live with us until you can get back on your feet."

I pulled away from Eunhyuk and looked at him with watery eyes.

"Are you sure that's alright? I can't keep making you do so much for me."

"Your my friend Ava, if you need a place to stay, your always welcome with me." Eunhyuk said placing his hands on my shoulders.

I hugged him tightly and started crying even more from happiness.

"How can I ever repay you Eunhyuk?"

"You don't have to. C'mon, let's go out and try to cheer you up." He said walking me to the door with him.

I slipped my shoes on and walked out the door with Eunhyuk as he kept one arm wrapped around my shoulders. We went out to my favorite frozen yogurt stand and sat down together in a nearby park and enjoyed the beautiful sights and warm weather of the park.

Even though I had mostly recovered and calmed down from earlier, I still wasn't as happy as I could be. I sat there silently with Eunhyuk as we ate our frozen yogurt together on a park bench. Eunhyuk could tell that I was still upset and placed his arm around me.

"Lighten up Ava, even though you won't have your own apartment for the moment, you still have a place to stay, and you can stay as long as you want. Don't worry."

I gave him a weak smile and took a deep breath.

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better Eunhyuk, your an amazing friend. I'm just so upset that I came here to try and start a new life, but I can even make it on my own. It always seems I need help from someone else and I can't do anything alone."

"That's okay. We all need help from others sometimes, there's nothing wrong with that. Try to look at the upsides here. You now live closer to the company and we get to see each other more. Don't think about this as a bad thing, think of this as a new start for yourself."

I leaned my head into Eunhyuk's shoulder and cuddled up to him close.

"Thank you so much for today Eunhyuk. I don't know how I could ever thank you enough."

[To Be Continued...]

[I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Remember to comment and vote for this story! Please read my new fanfic "Running with the Wolves" and comment there as well! Thank you!]