CH 26: Understand

AVA'S P.O.V

I slowly walked into the room that Donghae had rented for the night and let out a sigh. There were two twin beds placed in the middle of the room and I wanted nothing more than to jump on one and go to sleep but I had to get situated first.

"Do you know what you're going to do tomorrow?" Donghae asked sitting down on the bed facing the window and pulling off his shoes. I just shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the other open bed.

"You know, I don't hate you. It's just, it is hard to have new people around the boys. I consider them family and I just don't want to see any of them hurt which I know doesn't give me a reason to be mean to you and I want to apologize to you for how I have been acting. I see the way Eunhyuk looks at you and I haven't seen him look that way since his old friend, but that doesn't matter now. What really matters is how much he cares for you Ava. Please consider going to see him tomorrow. I haven't seen him cry in forever, and seeing him in the state he was when you left crushed me."

I went and sat on the other bed and sighed. "How am I ever going to fix all of this? I've made a mess of everything..."

"Quit being so hard on yourself." Donghae said. "I bet you'll know what to do."

"I'm surprised at you Donghae."

"Why?" Donghae asked intrigued.

"You were always so mean to me before and now you're suddenly all sweet and kind. What happened?"

Donghae laid down on the bed with his hands behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. "Seeing Eunhyuk so worried about you just opened my eyes I guess."

"So you weren't really looking for me to check if I was okay, you were just looking for me to make Eunhyuk worry less?"

"Well, no it's not like that... I mean, it wasn't at first..."

"So that was the reason you went looking for me!" I said angrily.

"Now hold on Ava-" Donghae said quickly sitting up before I cut him off.

"I can't believe you!" I said standing up. "Did you really not care about my well-being when you were looking for me! And to think I thought you were-" but before I could finish, Donghae got up and grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Can I tell my side of the story please!" Donghae said making me quiet. "Okay look, yes at first I was just looking around so Eunhyuk could have some peace of mind, but as I was driving around I was passing by all of these sketchy looking men. Thoughts started running through my head like 'what if Ava ran into one of those guys? What if one of those guys kidnapped her without her phone on her? What if she's scared and confused and goes off somewhere with a stranger?' I started panicking about you and I started to search harder. So looking for you wasn't completely to help Eunhyuk, I was worried about you."

I stood there frozen. I had no idea Donghae felt like that when he was looking for me. I felt like this Donghae was a completely different person from the Donghae I knew before.

I started to feel guilty about blowing up in his face a few moments ago. He was trying to explain himself but I wouldn't give him the chance. I sighed as I quickly wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry Donghae. I'm sorry for not letting you talk and for not giving you a chance to explain yourself. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting all night." I said trying desperately to hold back tears.

Surprised, Donghae hugged me back lovingly and stroked my back. "It's okay, I understand why you're acting this way. How about we just go to bed and hope for a better tomorrow okay?" He asked.

I nodded and we let go of each other and walked over to our separate beds. I climbed under the covers and buried my head into the pillow as Donghae turned off the lights.

"Goodnight Donghae. Thank you for doing this for me." I said.

"No problem. Goodnight Ava." Donghae said as he laid down in his bed and covered the blankets over his body.

I layed in bed, tossing and turning thinking about what I was supposed to do tomorrow. I like Eunhyuk but I don't know how much he likes me. On top of that why would a big kpop band member want to date someone as irrelevant as me?

I sighed, rubbing my temples with my finger tips. I just wanted to talk to Eunhyuk but I doubt I would be able to describe the way I am feeling. What if he doesn't like me and I sound like I am assuming? I was supposed to leave all these stupid girl drama's back in America.

"Are you okay Ava?" Donghae asked turning to look at me from my bed. "Do you want to talk about it?" I used the dim room to look into Donghae's eyes, he looked sincere.

"I'm just really confused, I mean I came to Seoul to start a new life. I wanted to support myself but I just ended up getting kicked out in the first few months of living here. The only reason I have a job is because Siwon and Eunhyuk care about me. I don't even want to think about where I would be right now if I didn't have you guys and I really feel horrible making you guys live with me. If I could move out and stop being a burden I would, but I am stuck. On top of all that, I made Eunhyuk cry and made you look for me. I feel like I am hurting your career and friendships." I blurted feeling a blinding lump in my throat. I just wanted to cry.

"Ava all the boys like you like a sister and just want to help you. We always fight, that isn't anything new and hell if Eunhyuk and Siwon wanna fight over you then thats an advantage for you. You have two idols that want to be at your side, just think about it. I know for sure that Eunhyuk would die right now just to make sure you're okay and Siwon probably would as well." Donghae said sitting up in his bed and moving his feet to the side so that he could stand up.

He reached over to his phone and picked it up. "What are you doing?" I questioned cocking an eyebrow at him. He just gave me a small smile and put the phone up to his ear.

"Yobosaeyo? Jeoneun eba wa hamkke ojeon geunyeoneun geogjeonghaji anh-ado gwaenchanhseubnida." (I am with Ava and she is okay, do not worry) and with that, Donghae hung up the phone and laid back in bed.

"It went to voice mail so I just left him a message." He responded.

"He should be awake for his schedule in the next hour or so." Donghae motioned to the clock beside him that read 6:00am.

I just nodded and laid back, not soon after, I let myself succumb to sleep knowing that later on today would be a good day.