CH 18: First Day of Work

[Sorry for taking so long to update>< and I'm sorry if this chapter is kinda boring. I tried to make it interesting>< but I hope you like it anyway^^]

I happily moved my belongings into my new apartment with help from Eunhyuk. After I settled in, I lost track of time and never realized I was going to be late for my first day of work.

I rushed to get dressed out of my shorts and t-shirt into something that looked somewhat formal. [The outfit in the pic above btw] I rushed over to the SM Building and walked in to see the receptionist lady give me an irritated look.

"You're late." She said sternly while stacking papers.

Now that she's my boss, I couldn't talk back to her. I swallowed my pride and calmed myself down.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I won't be late again."

"I know you won't." She said handing me a huge stack of papers over the front desk.

"File these into alphabetical order and then drop them off to the accountants upstairs. They need to be filed by this afternoon."

I struggled to hold the enormous stack of papers in my hands, nearly dropping the whole pile.

"Um, is there anywhere I can do this? Like a desk or office or something?"

The lady rolled her eyes and reached over and grabbed a pair of keys.

"Mr. Siwon made a private office space just for you. How fortunate." She said with a bland and irritated look on her face as she handed me the keys.

"Really!" I asked excitedly taking the keys from her hand.

"It's on the third floor in the left wing." She said sitting down and started typing something on her computer.

"I work here five years and I don't get an office..." The lady murmured to herself as I walked to the elevator.

I went to the third floor and walked into an office cubical. Since I had no idea where to even find my office, I walked up to the nearest employee.

"Um excuse me, do you know where Ava Lee's office is?"

The man didn't even look up from his computer when he lifted his hand and pointed to the left.

"Last room down the hall."

I bowed and thanked him and walked to the hallway.

"Geez, is everyone that works here extremely rude?" I said to myself.

I made it down the hallway and opened the door to see a small little office. Everything was a beautiful white color with a small window. There was a little bench seat next to the desk which had a rolling chair and Mac computer with it. My jaw dropped.

"Oh daebak.." I said placing the huge stack of papers onto the desk.

I sat down on the bench and put my purse down as my eyes just scanned the room.

"Siwon, why are you doing all of this for me?"

"Why not?"

I jumped slightly from the voice outside my door. Siwon soon walked in and leaned on the door frame.

"Oh hey oppa." I said standing up and bowing.

"How many times have I told you that you don't have to bow to me anymore?" He said smiling.

"Probably over 100 times at this point, but I'm still going to do it." I said making Siwon chuckle.

"So, what do you think of your new office? I wanted to get a bigger one for you, but this was all I could get."

"It's amazing! But you didn't have to go through all of this just for me, I would've been fine being stuffed in a supply closet somewhere if I had to."

"I would never let one of my friends work in a supply closet, especially you Ava."

I tried to hide my blush behind my hair. Siwon was such a sweet guy. Any girl would be lucky to have him.

"Thanks Siwon. I should probably get working though, I can't get these papers in late on my first day."

"Oh right! Well I'll take my leave then." Siwon said walking out of the door.

But before he walked away, he quickly turned around to face me.

"I'm really happy your working here Ava. Maybe we'll get to see more of each other now."

"Yeah maybe. Thanks again for the office Siwon."

"No problem. If you ever need anything, just find me and I'll fix everything."

"Okay. Thanks Siwon. See ya!"

Siwon waved goodbye and left me to my work. I sighed as I looked at the huge pile of papers I'll have to organize.

"What a first day.." I murmured to myself as I started to dig through the piles of papers to start organizing them.

[To Be Continued...]

[Sorry this might've been a pretty boring chapter. I'm planning on getting things more interesting soon! I hope you liked this chapter anyway and comment your opinions! Thank you!]