CH 21: How Did You Know?

[I bet you guys are sick of apologies by now, but I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to update! I'm such a terrible admin for always making you wait>< I'll try harder this week to update more often and I hope you enjoy this chapter!]

I woke up the next morning and quickly got changed into a pair of sweatpants and a white wife-beater. I put my hair up in a messy bun and went over to my kitchen and made myself a bagel and coffee. As I was pouring coffee into a mug, I heard a knock on my door downstairs. I walked down and opened the door to see Eunhyuk smiling at me embarrassingly with a tray of food in his hands.

"H-hey Ava..." He said taking a deep breath. "I just wanted to apologize for last night, so I made you breakfast."

"No Eunhyuk, you shouldn't be the one apologizing, it should be me. I was really harsh on you and I didn't mean the things that I said to you. I'm really sorry."

"Oh it's okay Ava, I understand completely. Why don't we head up to your place, have breakfast, and just hang out? I have the entire day off today."

"Really! That would be awesome! Oh wait..." I mentally slapped myself in the face for forgetting I actually have a job.

"I have to go to work at 10:30." I said sighing.

Eunhyuk stood there for a moment before looking back up at me with happiness plastered on his face.

"How about we have breakfast and I'll come to work with you?"

"No Eunhyuk, I could never make you go to work with me, plus what would the other workers think? They'll probably think I'm just using you and think of me badly. You deserve your day off. Spend the day relaxing at home."

"I feel relaxed when I'm with you though! And if anyone ever talks badly about you, I'll handle it."

"I appreciate it Eunhyuk, but I can handle my own problems. I don't need you to babysit me, but I really do appreciate you wanting to do so much for me." I said turning around. "You coming?" I said walking up the stairs.

"Yeah!" Eunhyuk said walking behind me.

We enjoyed a great breakfast together and I started getting ready for work. I put on a black long sleeve shirt, my favorite layered polka dot shirt, black tights, and brown boots. I walked out of the bathroom dressed and Eunhyuk stared at me wide eyed.

"Wow.." He said. "You look amazing."

I blushed. "Thanks Eunhyuk." I said walking over to the couch to grab my purse.

"Let's go!" I said walking down the stairs.

Eunhyuk followed behind me as we walked out of the dorm, down to the parking lot, and walked to the SM building. Eunhyuk walked with me to my office floor. I noticed stares from the other employees as they sat at their desks. I could feel the disgust in their eyes as I walked with Eunhyuk. I guess Eunhyuk noticed my discomfort and placed his arm around me.

I quietly gasped from the sudden arm around my waist. I was blushing bright red and I could feel my face warming up. I shyly turned my head away from Eunhyuk as we continued our way through the floor to get to my office. Once we made it to the door, I took out my keys, unlocked my door, and walked in. Eunhyuk looked impressed with my office space.

"Nice office. I can't believe they gave you your own office being new here. They normally never do that to new employees."

"Well actually..." I said putting my purse down and taking a seat in my desk chair. "Siwon-oppa gave me this office."

Eunhyuk looked intrigued. He walked into my office and closed the door behind him. He then sat on the seat by my window.

"Siwon gave you this office? Did he tell you why?" He asked.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "He said it was because he didn't want one of his friends working in a small work space, so he gave me my own office..."

"Did he mention that he wanted to get a bigger one but this was all he could get?"

I gave Eunhyuk a surprised look. "Yeah... How did you know that?"

Eunhyuk looked around nervously and quickly stood up.

"I should probably get going. I don't want to keep you from doing your work and..."

"Eunhyuk!" I interrupted him.

"How did you know Siwon-oppa said that to me?"

Eunhyuk looked at me with a torn expression before opening the door and quickly leaving the room. I now sat there in alone confusion.

How did he know Siwon said that to me? Was he listening to us or something? I mean, that's the only reason I can think of anyway. Before I could think of anymore explanations, my office phone rang.

"Y-yobosaeyo?"

"Someone by the name of Tess wants to see you in conference room B."

Oh great, it was the irritating from desk lady calling me. Oh joy...

"Um okay, and where is conference room B?"

"Take a right from your office, down the hallway, take a left and you should see a sign on the door." She said like it was obivious.

"Okay, gamsamnida."

"Yeah whatever." She said hanging up.

"Geez, rude bitch..." I murmured to myself as I stood up and left my office.

[To Be Continued...]