CH 19: Modeling Gig

[Hey everyone! Lol would you all believe me if I told you I was on Spring Break right now? Haha I'm like the best author ever for taking time to write while I should be relaxing! But whateves, I enjoy it^^ I hope you like this chapter!]

So it's been about a week since I started working at SM. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was mainly organizing and filing papers which wasn't too hard once I got the hang of it.

I was on my way to a photoshoot for SHINee, because I had to drop off some papers to the cameraman, when I was stopped in the middle of a hallway by a woman with a clipboard. She grabbed me by my shoulders and seemed worried.

"Sulli is sick and now I have no one to model for this week's Cosmopolitan! What am I going to do!"

I removed her hands from my shoulders and and tried to calm her down.

"It's-it's okay, maybe I can see if one of the SNSD members are free and can come..."

"There's no time! These photos need to be shot now!"

She paced back and forth a couple times biting her nails nervously when she turned to me with big eyes.

"You! You have to model for me!"

I took a step back confused.

"Me? Model? Oh no trust me, I think you've got the wrong girl. I'm nowhere close to how girls usually look on that magazine. I would just ruin this week's issue."

"Nonsense! A little makeup and clothes and you'll look just like a kpop star!"

"But I've never modeled for anything before."

"It's not that hard. C'mon! We gotta get you to hair and makeup now!" The lady said pulling me into the photoshoot room and into the green room.

The woman quickly ordered nearby workers to start working on me, and soon I was surrounded by probably five or more people. They were either putting makeup all over my face or doing my hair.

About half an hour passed by and I wasn't allowed to look at myself until I was finished. Once my hair and makeup was done, they quickly brought me behind a screen and told me to change clothes. I looked behind me to see a little stool with neatly folded clothes on top. I sighed and quickly put them on.

It was a grey sweater with a couple holes in the sleeves with a pair of checkered pattern pants and brown boots.

Soon I was completely finished and they finally let me see myself. When I approached a long vertical mirror, my heart felt like it dropped into my stomach.

Although it was fairly simple hair and makeup, I felt blown away by how different I looked. I felt like it wasn't me that I was looking at, but an entirely different person. The woman with the clipboard soon walked up behind me and smiled at me through the mirror.

"You look great." She said sincerely.

"Th-thank you."

"Surprised?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

"I never thought I could ever look like this. It's amazing."

"You know, we didn't actually add that much makeup."

I turned around to face her.

"What? Then how could I end up looking this great?" I asked.

She sighed and turned me back around to look at the mirror.

"Your beauty was always there sweetheart, you just couldn't see it yourself. My makeup artists actually told me they didn't really know what to do with you because they thought you didn't need any of the makeup."

"Really?"

"Yeah." The lady said turning me around to face her.

She looked down at my outfit and fixed a couple wrinkles and smiled at me.

"You look perfect. Are you ready?" She asked.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "I think so ma'am."

"My name's Teresa, but you can call me Tess. No need for the formalities." She said holding out her hand.

"My name's Ava." I said shaking her hand.

She then lead me out of the green room and into the main photoshoot room. The set looked kinda like an office area or cubical. I'm guessing this issue of the magazine was office/work related I guess. Tess told me where to stand and was about to start shooting when I quickly stopped everything.

"Wait! I have one condition if I'm going to model for you."

Everyone looked at me intently.

"I don't want my face being shown in any of these pictures. Just get my outfit and that's it."

Tess walked up to me with concerned eyes.

"What's wrong Ava? Your face is practically flawless, why wouldn't you want to show that off?"

"A couple reasons actually. Firstly, because I think that if I put myself out there as a model, I would have to fit a certain stereotype which I don't want to have to portray. Like being as thin as paper, looking perfect every second of everyday, not being intelligent, stuff like that. Secondly, I don't want people around me to think of me differently. I want people to just look at me like I'm a regular person, not someone who's face appears on their favorite magazines. Please just do this for me Tess."

Tess took a deep breath and thought for a few seconds.

"Alright, you have my word that we won't let your face be shown in any of these pictures."

"Thanks Tess." I said giving her a quick hug.

Tess quickly ran back behind the camera and started taking pictures. I did every pose I could think of that, I hoped, looked natural. We took photos for about half an hour before we were finally finished. Tess walked up to me and patted me on the back.

"You did great Ava. The photos look fantastic!"

"I never knew modeling could be so tiring. I feel exhausted."

"Then go home and get a good nights sleep. You deserve it after saving my butt today."

"Well I'll go and get changed then."

"Why don't you just keep the clothes. They'll just be put back into storage if I keep them."

"Really!"

"Sure. You deserve something nice after today. Oh and let me give you this." Tess said reaching into her pocket pulling out a little card.

"It's my business card. I really like you Ava and you seem like a natural model. Maybe if I have some more openings I can let you know."

"Um okay! That sounds awesome!"

"Great! Call me whenever you get a chance then."

I could feel the smile on my face getting bigger and bigger. I really enjoyed modeling for Tess today. I never thought modeling would be something I really enjoyed. Did I want to take up Tess's offer and do more modeling gigs? This was defiantly something I would have to think more about, but for now, I'll just go home and think about it later.

[To Be Continued...]

[I hope you all liked this chapter! Please comment your opinions because I absolutely love reading your comments! Please and thank you^^]