Assassin's Bride Chp32

Hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

____________________________________________________________

~Tears are words the mouth can't say nor can the heart bare~ 

Time kindled Faith's blood and transformed the thumping heart into cinder right before her eyes. Every hour, minute and second that ticked by reminded her of Cloud. She could not comprehend as to how her heart could be so foolish? No matter how many times she attempted to coax herself to forget that man her attempts were all in vain. She would weep herself to sleep, dream of her worse nightmares and wake up with cold sweat encased on her shivering form and his name on her lips.

It had been two days since Faith commenced to work in Saya's father, Mr.Kenzou's company. The work distracted her from the affliction, but whenever she crossed the threshold of her house everything haunted her like a spectre all over again. Today was the day she dreaded the most, the day where she had to act against her will. It was Friday and only few hours were left before she would depart. Faith did not desire to go, she did not want to face Saya who waited for her at home in order to get her ready for Tybalt and Alina'a anniversary party.

Fifteen hours ago, Faith had ringed Alina to deny her offer only to learn that the man who grew the petals of her heart was abroad. Alina had literally begged her to come, Faith had no other alternative but to accede to attend the celebration. Faith knew if she denied Alina she won't ever forget it or will be able to face her again in her life.

Exhausted Faith walked in her room but gasped at the sight. Saya stood there in the middle of her room dressed in a crimson lace dress surrounded by cosmetic tools. "Saya," Faith sighed and took off her jacket. "I was hoping you would forget."

"And let the heavenly dress we bought for you go in waste," Saya shook her head. "Look Faith, I made an oath with Alina that I will get you there."

"Don't try to torture me with emotions." Faith glared at her but there was esteem in her eyes for the friend.

Saya beamed then scowled. "If you don't go, that man," she spat the words venomously. "That man will think you are afraid to face him and to carry on with your life. Besides didn't Alina notify you that he was out of country...for good."

Faith frowned, closed her eyes then gave a nod. "You are right." she stood up from the chair to get ready.

Two hours later when sun descended the stairs and opened the curtains for stars the girls reached the Jayden mansion. Faith bit her lip in agitation, she believed she would never return to this house when she called off the engagement with Cloud. Now being present here, her nerves skidded around, her palms welcomed moisture and fingers went cold. Saya parked her 2013 Mercedes Benz C class next to the lavish cars on the round driveway. They were soon escorted to one of the halls in the east wing by Adam the male-servant.

The girls halted by the doors of the hall and stared at the guests who were dressed handsomely. Faith caught a glimpse of herself in one of the mirrors that hung from the walls. She was garbed in a white gown that brushed the tiles, her hair up in an elegant up-do with some curls that teased her face, she looked presentable. Faith exhaled when she saw the desolate look in her eyes, no matter how much she tried she could not veil that.

"Faith!" called a familiar voice. She looked ahead to see Rory along with his wife, Mia. "You came." Mia embraced the girl then pulled back with a merry smile.

"I did not want to hurt Alina." she vocalized and grinned up at Rory who gave a nod. "You look prepossessing, Faith." the man complimented which caused blood to tingle her cheeks.