Assassin's Bride Chp23

@ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Pic of the ring and Veranda

__________________________________________________________

~*~*Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eyes~*~*

Wade was devastated; every time Cloud gained consciousness he would cough blood and welcome darkness once again. It took everything in his might to not turn around, drive to their guest quarter and slaughter Klaus. When Cloud woke up for the first time he had said something to their father, which had appalled him. Wade had no knowledge of such a dark secret, if it were not for Cloud's grave situation Wade would have been in shock for a few good days.

Five days crawled by since Klaus helped Cloud drink the antidote. And it was on one afternoon when the sun shone high in the sky and no clouds were visible, that the injured man opened his eyes to not cough but request for water. Klaus had been summoned instantly to check upon him. The Jayden family stood in the room and watched as the poison master scrutinized Cloud's blood; smiles graced their lips when he announced Cloud was free from the evil grasp of the poison. Jayden had escorted Klaus to the door in downright silence and threatened in the most respectful manner to never create another poison from now on, if so Jayden shall see to his fate himself.

Two more days sailed in utter distress. Lord Jayden sent for doctors to treat his son in the best medical care possible. Cloud had begin to heal, very, very slowly. He had perplexed his whole family when he stood to his feet and demanded to move around, the stiffness in his legs exasperated him, he needed, no desired to move and use his body.

"Mother, don't cry," Cloud growled and leaned his head back on the head board of his bed. It was early in the morning and his mother had come to check on her beloved son and began to shed diamonds from her eyes that slashed Cloud's heart.

"I am so blessed to have you back, my son," Rosaline sniffed.

Cloud grinned. "It's shocking to know that you were once an assassin mother," he joked, conscious of the throb in his chest but he disregarded it. It has been more than a week and he was aware the wound was healing.

"There is something small that beats inside them too, Cloud." Rosaline said solemnly and wiped her tears.

"Unfortunately there is." Cloud agreed.

Rosaline placed her hand on his cheek and stroked his beard that had grown over the week. "You are so pale, you lost so much blood. Doctors needed more blood and Tybalt provided as much as they needed."

"That man always piles a burden of favors on my shoulders." Cloud sighed.

"He is your brother and I am glad he was there to help you."

Cloud placed his bandaged hand on her hand. "I am sorry to have caused you worry."

Rosaline shook her head and kissed his forehead. "It does not matter, what matters is you kept your oath and came back to me." Both mother and son grinned at this.

Once Rosaline departed from his room, Cloud took a shower, he could not dry his hair so allowed water drip while he aided his wound. Once the wound and his chest were covered in gauze rolls he started to change. Cloud was almost done; he grabbed his shirt, thrust his hands in the sleeves, rolled them up till his elbows and launched into buttoning his black shirt from the bottom. There was a silent knock on the door.

"Come in." He called, without looking up. The door opened and a horrified gasp caused his head to snap up and eyes clash with another pair of blue ones.