Assassin's Bride Chp27

Hello there guys! Man its been such a longggg time. I missed Cloud and Faith but they are here now, hope you like and enjoy this chapter.

____________________________________

~*~*All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name~*~*

*Faith*

'No new messages'

 I huffed in indignation and put my cell away on the bench. He had been committing this absurd act from days. Damon had not replied to any of my messages or phone calls which drove me furious. I was well aware his father was ill and I hoped his father was well. That friend was missed by this heart immensely.

To divert my thoughts I observed around the park, it had been months since I visited here. Cloud ringed yesterday night to apprise me that we were going to stay at his friend, Alexander's house for few days. I packed my luggage and came here to get some fresh afternoon air before he arrived. It felt peculiar to be engaged, perplexing to witness things proceed rapidly between the two of us. In a trice he permitted me to glimpse in his disposition, his feelings. What baffled me the most was that Cloud cared more than I believed he was capable of?

A pleasant breeze swirled around and swayed my hair along with it. I pushed my hair back that were roped around my neck, "It is a lovely day," murmured a familiar voice near me. I jumped a little then smiled and twisted my head right to look in Cloud's heavenly eyes.

"How do you do that?" I investigated in a whisper.

"Do what?" he whispered back, his hand moved the strand that stuck on my face. It was then I perceived how very handsome he appeared, his casual clothing and messy hair made him look impeccable. Sometimes it was hard to accept the fact that he belonged to me!

"Materialize without making any sound," I enounced in a small voice as I savored his feather-like caresses.

"You were too immersed in your contemplation, that's why you didn't hear me approach," his lips twitched ever so slightly.

"No," I shook my head, "Remember the first time we met?"

"By the painting," he nodded.

"You appeared out of nowhere without making any sound back then," I raised my eyebrows playfully.

He hmmed, "Were you frightened back then?"

"Yes and no," I chuckled and scanned his features.

Cloud grabbed my hand, "Your hand is cold," and veered the topic with a frown.

"Winter, is advancing," I fabricated.  He cocked an eyebrow at me not buying it. I exhaled, "Just apprehensive."

"I make you anxious?" somehow I felt as if it was not a query but a statement.

"You are aware of that answer," I averted my gaze away from his all-knowing eyes.

A moment of quietude lingered like an unuttered spell, meanwhile I watched the kids play around in the park, "Come on, we need to go," Cloud stood up.

We ambled out of the park towards his car, instantly I halted my steps. Cloud looked over his shoulder at me, "My bag it's in the house," I informed him, he smirked.

"It is already taken care of," I nodded and proceeded towards the vehicle again. However, I stopped once again. This time he rotated his body to face me.