Assassin's Bride Chp21

This chapter contains violence, I hope you guys enjoy reading it.

____________________________________________________

“This was how an enemy should be dealt with: with a dagger, not a declaration.”

Cloud inhaled, and took a slow cautious step inside. He knew he had just stepped in a lion's cage and there was no turning back. All the guiltless people Malcolm had compelled him to assassinate flashed before his eyes and he clenched his fists. It distressed and tormented him beyond the bonds of possibility when an innocent face blinked in his brain, Faith. Exasperation rose like a volcano within him and inflamed his bones.

He narrowed his eyes against the cloud of smoke, clearly caused by a cigar. The pitch black room caused him to hinge, absolutely on his abilities, his skills master Malcolm instructed him. He pulled down his mask to reveal his face. When he moved his eyes slightly Cloud saw a bar on his left, the bottles gleamed a little from the light that invaded the room from the hallway he just walked in from.

"Cloud, my son." came a familiar voice. A voice that haunted his dreams for years. A voice that created him, a voice that challenged him. A voice after today he would never hear. "You have at last come to see me." It sounded near. When the fog vanished around him then walked in sight, still looking the same, with greedy, immoral and sinister eyes, his master..... Malcolm Uchiha.

Cloud watched as Malcolm trailed his eyes on his form and smiled a fiendish smile. His master who not only owned Japan, but half of the assassin world had been after him with all his Ninjas ever since Cloud fled his care. They stood face-to-face after years of invisible battles to allow their fate decide their glorious doom. This momentous day will be imprinted on the sacred parchments of the assassin world for generations to deterrent from.

Cloud bowed slowly, very slowly, his eyes on Malcolm. This was his respect to Malcolm's soul his last respect. "You have changed my son. I witness rage in your tranquil eyes." Malcolm informed simply when Cloud stood to his full height a mere inch taller than his master.

"And you certainly haven't changed at all Sensei." His voice was just as calm as Malcolm's but Cloud was kindled; he burned in flames just by looking at him.

"You are here to kill me, my son." Malcolm smiled, and took a step to his right and Cloud's body stiffened, prepared. "Then I suppose the wish I had years ago is still alive, the wish to combat you, so that I will be certain you are the future of Malcolm." He pronounced and Cloud witnessed how very proud his Sensei was of him which revolted him.

"Your wish is somewhat the same as mine. We both desire to kill each other but I do not have any obligations to be your future as there will be none." Cloud spat, his hawk like eyes on Malcolm, reading his every move.

"Yes," Malcolm sighed, took a step towards him and Cloud pushed his shoulders back. He had a great deal of knowledge about his master’s powers, and what exactly he was capable of committing, for a split second there, Cloud was unnerved!

Suddenly Malcolm evaporated from Cloud's sight however he was unperturbed, and reached out for the heartbeats, they were so, so close that Cloud could almost feel them beat inside his own chest. Where is he? Yes, of course, as soon as Malcolm appeared behind him, Cloud pulled out his sword in remarkable speed and twirled around, but before he could cause any damage to the lethal snake, Malcolm's sword pushed against his and Cloud staggered back.

They circled each other like gluttonous wolves. Just when Cloud planned his next move, his body was shoved with such a force that one second his body flew and the other a large crash cut the air in the room. He winced as broken glass slashed his skin and left a trail of red liquid. That's when lights came back he had to blink twice to adjust brightness and looked around. He lay on the floor, with uncountable pieces of glass around him.