Assassin's Bride Chp25

Sorry for the late I was really busy, and my sleep hours were twisted. Hope you like this chapter. Pic of Saya on this side >>>

____________________________________________________

*~To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides~*

The crowd that chatted enthusiastically, drank voraciously and flirted immodestly ceased their activities at once as Tybalt halted in front of Cloud. A sweet melody swayed over the crowd in the grand foyer like a spell. Then the elder son of the Wolfic family placed Faith's small hand in Cloud's proffered one.

Cloud stared at her without hesitancy. He could not dare deny the fact, that the woman in front of him looked heavenly. When his intense stare did not waver from her, he took note of the blood that burned her cheeks. Indeed Cloud was dumbfounded; he did not like what went through his system. He did not like it at all. However, he gave her small hand a gentle squeeze and kissed her knuckle aware how Tybalt's grin widened.

Cloud clenched his jaw at the insane speed of her heartbeats. That moment he would have committed anything to stop hearing them. He could have killed, hell his heart demanded to cause holocaust if that could help him. It surged annoyance further in his form, like a lethal volcano had just erupted. For a millisecond he saw the tremble in Faith's lean fingers so he smiled a smile so honest and sincere it baffled him. It caused something to crawl within him when Faith returned that smile.

"After an hour it will be time to interchange rings," Tybalt informed them. Faith gave him a smile and at once Cloud noticed the difference between the one she provided Tybalt and the one Faith gifted him. 

Cloud watched as Tybalt descended the stairs quickly for them to follow his lead. Once they took a step down the few stairs, the inscrutable assassin leaned in, just inches away from Faith. "You look beautiful," he meant it. He knew he meant the words that sounded from his mouth.

They were not fake.

Faith stared down at the last step then looked up at him. It was then, Cloud did something it unsettled both of them, he closed the distance between them and kissed on the warmth on her left cheek. That moment, for the first time he perceived how very tormentingly soft her skin felt against his lips. When he pulled back he heard her gasp and breath rapidly, she was indeed highly-wrunged.

"Calm down, Faith," he murmured as he hooked her hand around his.

"It's just I am extremely nervous," she came clean to him.

"Nothing will happen. I am here," Cloud vowed, Faith nodded then a throat was cleared. Cloud observed how she flinched and rotated around.

They were already at the center of the crowd. Cloud knew she was puzzled how they got there but he was well aware of his surroundings. Before even looking behind him, Cloud knew it was Mr. Baron. So he turned around as well and was glad the unnecessary spot light was no longer targeted on them. "My Faith," Mr. Baron opened his arms for his daughter. The fiancé let go of her hand as she stepped in her father's protective arms. Cloud saw distress in the old man's eyes and did not blame the man. The mighty assassin grinned when the father praised his daughter. He then looked around to provide them their privacy and noticed half of the crowd still gazed at them.

"Thank you dad," at his daughter's reply Baron met Cloud's gaze.

"Take good care of her for me, son," he ordered with a smile but Cloud sensed what the old man meant. Mr. Baron threatened him.