Assassin's Bride Chp1

♥Assassin's Bride♥

                                                        ♥ Queen of Darkness ♥

                                                     ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Prologue ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 21 years ago

I was not certain how fast I drove; all I heeded now was to arrive there as soon as possible. Faith had given birth to her baby girl tonight of all nights, when the potent snow fall hard, the roads were blocked and the air so chilly it bit and sucked the warmth out of your body. I had to get there before they got her. I have to shield both of them. She is my dear friend, I cannot let her die along with the angel she just gave birth to.

Faith's life has been maledict since the day she was born. They have been after her, desiring to kill her. If they knew Faith gave birth to a girl, they will hunt her down and assassinate both of them. Hot tears prickled in my eyes at the mere thought of it, my breath hitched in my lungs, hands clenched the wheel tightly.

They tormented and butchered Faith's husband a month after her wedding, not just any death, they ripped his body into pieces and fed their pets. She was torn apart when she knew her husband Eragon was eliminated by his own tribe. The only thing they left of Eragon was his head for Faith to look at, which shattered her.

I was there when she screamed, and yelled her beloved's name for hours.

Two months later Faith perceived something dissimilar about herself, she gained weight her mood swings. As a mother of three boys, when she enlightened me about her behavior, I knew at once she was expecting a child!

This news appalled and perturb her of losing her child. We veiled the news from all ears, even my husband Jayden.

Tonight, two nights before the full moon she had given birth. I should have been with her, but my eight year old son, Cloud, was indisposed. This was truly unforeseen, earlier than the date the doctor had given Faith. Once getting a call from our personal doctor, I jumped into my car and drove as fast I could.

Arriving at the Hospital, without shutting off the engine. I dart in, asked for the patient that  had just given birth fifteen minutes ago. My feet hit the floor hard, as I almost bolted to the third floor. My form shook when I burst in to the room.

Faith sat on the bed, held her baby girl close to her heart and wept. Her green eyes filled with tears and dread. The pink lips which once held a smile wobbled as she murmured words to her baby girl, sweat glister on her beautiful fair face.

"Rosa. They are going to kill her! They are going to steal her from me. I can't_" she sobbed when her desperate eyes fell upon me, despaired and vulnerable. I couldn't hold it back any more, couldn't stop tears from escaping my eye as I embraced her and glanced down at the Angel.

"Faith we have to get out of here." I uttered which caused her to sob harder.

"No-No they will track us and kill my child. I can't lose someone else. Rosaline please help her, protect her. I can sense them coming. Take her and keep her safe," she clicked her dry lips. "The doctor will say my child died while giving birth, once they find me here lying, helpless, they will kill me, Wolferians will kill me." Faith suggested hugging her child again.

"No! I will not let them touch you Faith. Let me get you out of here. Jayden will take care of things later on." I protested, grabbed her wrist and tried to stand her up.

"Please don't destroy your life for me Rosa, they will kill you too. I beg you take her and protect her. Please Rosa for the sake of our friendship." She beseech falling to her knees. I quickly bent down and grabbed her shoulders.

"Listen to me, Faith," the voice that sounded from my mouth was harsh, vexed. "Don't do this. Do you want her to grow up without a mother? At least give it a try I can protect both of you."

"Don't be ridiculous. Eragon could not do it; he was the mighty and fearsome leader. Rosa. This is enough, if I die everything will perish with me, everyone will live a tranquil life." she snapped, and shook her head violently.

 "Do not let those shoulders bare all this agony Faith; you fought all this by your own since you were ten. Let us help you." I begged, rested my hand on her pale one.

"We do not have much time," she said, pushed the bundle to me. I looked down at the hushed baby with eyes closed, fast asleep, then at her wailing mother , who craved for death to embrace her soon.

"Faith..." I pleaded. I wanted to shriek and tell her how egotistical this was of her.

"Vow to me you will protect her, promise me you will keep her away from all this till the time comes and I know it will come some day," Faith sobbed, kissed her child's forehead in anguish and surrender.

I shook my head unable to answer, tears streamed down my face. Why does this always happen to her? Being the moon lady is a curse for her, not a gift!

"And one more thing, name her, name her Faith." She managed to smile, a smile which was wrecked in darkness of her own miseries. I broke into sobs  and engulfed Faith with my hands, she was so impotent, so broken, so torn apart that I couldn't look at her any more. We both remained like that for a while then suddenly Faith pushed me away.

"Go! They are here," panic rose in her voice as she leaped.

"Faith we still have time, we can flee and they will not know," I argued once again.

"Leave Rosa, go! Thank you for everything, thank you so much," she breathed, glanced at the door then back at me.