Assassin's Bride Chp8

Check the song on the side, its really amazing.

_________________________________________________________

♥There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls♥

*Faith*

"Wh--Who is it?" I called swallowing the bile in my throat, grabbing the thick rod which stood on the wall to my left.

Moist kissed my skin when I tightened my hand around the rod, moving my eyes left to right every now and then, waiting for the man too leap and attack. A distance whistle rang in my brain, and silence began to wrap me in its spell.

"Will you_" a shriek filled with utter fright escaped my mouth causing me to jump and lose my grip on the rod which landed square on my foot, making me yell in pain again.

The pain that rooted in my foot spreading into my leg was agonizing. I bit my lip so hard that blood began to slash on my skin and advanced to my bottom lip. My head snapped up to see the man from the other day, to my utter astonishment it was Damon.

I panted, bending down to hold my foot, "I am so sorry Faith, I came here to inform you to hurry up, but why were you holding that thing?" his eyes watched the thick rod then landed on me, seeing my redden face, he squatted in front of me then his brows knit as a tear rolled down my eye.

"Nothing just an accident," I fabricated. "Dear God this hurts,"

"Do not try to stand up, let me go fetch help," he rambled, dashing out of the storeroom. Scanning the room for danger my eyes stopped on my foot, it had developed swelling.

Damon reappeared with a first aid box in hands and one of the employees hot on his heels. I took off my flats revealing an unprepossessing reddish bulge adopting the color purple with passing seconds.

"Ouch Damon, Slow down!" I bawled as he wrapped the bandage on my ankle, this made him laugh.

"You know Faith, this needs some major operation," Damon chirped with an evil chuckle. I made to slap his hand, but in time he removed it causing my hand to hit my foot. At first I stopped the shrill that build in my throat, and then when the voice wrestled with my throat I let it out with full force.

"Calm down woman you are ripping my ear drums," he frowned, and then gently attached medical tape on the dressing.

Damon wrapped his hand around my waist and helped me stand up. I limped because of my left foot hanging in the air as we made our way to my office; he walked side by-side to me, extremely heedful of my foot.

"You are still the same scared Faith that you were in college, your anxiety is perturbing me here," he teased, I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, let me drop a thick rod on your foot then I will cherish the moment when I watch you whine," I snapped, pushing my hands on the armrest of the couch and slowly sitting on it.

"Sorry," he winked falling on the space next to me, "You should go home, and if you push it further it can get worse.

"No I am fine," I argued stroking the bandage as sadness unfurled in my body, taking over my emotions, welcoming tears. Once again I attempted to stand up, when my foot touched the cold tile, a pain so excruciating shot through my leg, which resulted in a wave of vertigo; I sat back on the couch instantly.

Damon began to laugh again, I shot him dead glares.

"Do show some respect I am your manager,"

"Yeah, whatever ma'am," he chortled standing up, "I will be right back," then left with a stupid grin plastered on his face.