Assassin's Bride Chp14

Thank you for the votes and comments.

_____________________________________________________

~*~ Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. ~*~*

*Faith*

"Um, yes I am aware, but there is something I have wanted to ask," I spoke clearly.

"Ask away," Rosaline beamed.

"Why?"

"What do you mean child?"

"Why the arrange marriage? To be more specific, Why me?" I held her eyes; she smiled a small one, which only twitched the side of her lips.

"I believe it is time for me to inform you about Wolfic traditions," I frowned at her words not quite understanding her. She tugged on my hands and we sat on the chairs, facing each other, my knees almost brushed hers. "Our ancestors believed that arrange marriages are far more successful than love marriage," she began in a slow pace. I nodded my head and pinned my attention to her.

"Cloud's ancestors created a tradition. It is the tradition in the Wolfic clan to have their third son or daughter, marry by their parents' choice. Back then this tradition was not frowned upon but of course some did go against this ancient practice. However," she gave my hand a pat. "Wolfic's cherish and protect their customs and regulations that is one of the main reasons it is still firm," Rosaline explained.

The more I unveil their secrets the more they tangle my thoughts. By God this family or clan is extremely peculiar. I do respect their tradition, but the very thought that they heritage it this long, is baffling.

"Was your marriage arranged as well?" I interrogated.

She laughed, "Jayden, my husband was the third son as well. I was chosen for him. I still love and treasure him." her eyes proved the love concealed in her heart.  "And you know what Faith, I see us in you and Cloud." something deep inside my belly unfroze, rose up to twirl like a dust devil.

I blushed, duck my head to hide my face from her, then something went off in my brain. "You are a wolfic too?" I questioned, inquisitive.

"Yes, I am," she responded.

"Am I the only one who does not belong to the Wolfic clan and is still chosen?" I mumbled there was a sensation in my belly, like something knot and joined my insides. I bit the wall of my cheek and peered at Rosaline. How is this thinkable that I was downhearted to not be a Wolfic?

I...wanted to be one.

At once a look crossed her face and I could have sworn there was sadness in her eyes; she looked to her left and exhaled. "Believe me Faith," Rosaline turned to look at me again, her eyes inscrutable. "It does not matter if you belong to this clan or not. I think we are lucky and unfortunate at the same time."

"How so?" I shook my head.

"Lucky I found a girl like you for my reticent son and unfortunate that the Wolfic clan does not have a diamond like you," once again she leaned to grab my hands in her soft ones.

"It is hard to adjust, I mean the idea of arrange marriage," I murmured.

"So you do not agree?" Rosaline asked tranquil but despondency rose in her eyes. That moment Saya walked in on us, and then froze on her spot.

"I was just here to get water for Baron," she said hastily. Opening the refrigerator, she grabbed a bottle and rushed out promptly but not before she looked over her shoulder to wink at me. The ambience ascended around us in a great level, to an extent sweat trickled down my spine.