Assassin's Bride Chp11

Enjoy the song on the side, pic of lovely Faith on side. 

____________________________________________________

~*There are only two kinds of men; the dead and the deadly~*

*Cloud*

Climbing in ones room from the window is not my department, but I did not have any other choice. It was evident that my family already had the knowledge of my doings. Strolling from the front door would have engendered controversy, and believe me I was not in the spirit.

Almost half an hour slipped by, there was no blood or dirt on me, nor was there any evidence of the disrepair clothes. I sat down on one of the armchairs and crossed my feet then began reading the book I had to finish, but not before I poured a drink for myself to calm my nerves. There was no light in the room aside from the right bedside table's lamp. Being in darkness for so many years, I developed a peculiar fondness for it, so exceed that I favored reading in dim light.

In a trice someone entered the room, closed the door behind them. "Sorry for not knocking,"

"It's okay Rory," I replied, without looking up. Rory did not vocalize another word but slipped in the armchair next to mine.

I smiled at his endeavor but my senses became edgy at once. At times like this when Rory came to me, I always recalled our past. I was never the one Father desired to hand the title. Rory with his unique ability to scrutinize human behavior and distinguish threats was treasured. After one exceptional and unpredictable misfortune, our luck collided, leaving me in darkness and wretched abandonment of the assassin world.

Silence lapsed around us brothers, for a long while like a mysterious visitor. I turned the page to read more, grabbed the glass and took a sip, my eyes roamed over the lines where Haj Amin al-Husseni the Muslim leader met Adolf Hitler and requested beckoning for Arab independence and support in opposing the establishment in Palestine of  a Jewish national home. I twirled the ice in my drink then replaced the glass that's when, "I smell blood," it was more of a statement than a question and here I raised my head to see him looking at me.

"Of course you will, I have done my job," and responded, resuming my reading.

He chuckled, "I wonder how heartless you were, because I smell your monstrous anger as well,"

"Rory I am tired now, I want to rest brother," I closed the book, indicating this topic was sealed.

"Aa! Yes, of course you would be exhausted. I was sent here to see if your wound is deep," Rory's eyes held mine; he raised a brow at me as realization kicked in.

"Damn him! He had to inform her," I growled and Rory laughed.

"Did you think mother would investigate Alexander about your well being and he would actually dare not answer," he sat straight. "She is worried about your wound,"

"It's taken care of, I will talk to her tomorrow." he nodded at my curt reply. After a moment I stood up to call it a night.

"There is something else you should know," He cleared his throat. I turned to look down at him. "Although Father disapproves to enlighten you tonight,"

"And you disagree with Father?" I assumed.

He gave a nod, leaned back on the armchair so he won't tilt his head. "I believe it's your right to know,"

I faced him fully, stuffed my hands in jeans pockets and stared at my brother.

"Father received a call two hours ago," Rory hesitated to deliver the news. There was a look in his eyes which I knew very well, he was debating whether it was wise to apprise me. He took my glass and gulped the whole substance in a go. "Doncieux...is dead!"