Assassin's Bride Chp24

Hello there once again. Thank you for all the votes cuz of them this story reached 14 in ACTION!

 Check the DRESS on the dress>>

_____________________________________________

~*~*Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.~*~*

*Cloud*

I watched as Sylvester Stallone and the bald man were engaged in a vehement conversation in the plane on the TV screen. Tonight was the engagement ceremony and it was definitely unaccustomed. I already finished a cigarette and lit the other one as the door of the sun room opened and Rory sauntered in. He examined the smoke that swayed in the sunlight, which seeped from the large windows.

"Mother is searching everywhere for you and you are here watching a movie." Rory breathed out.

"I am forbidden to get out of this house, prohibited to even move too much so watching a movie brother, was the only alternative I had left." I took another long hit from the cig and let it pour from my mouth and nose.

Rory sat in front of me. "Yes indeed, but you seemed to be engrossed in thoughts when I came in here." Rory rubbed the back of his neck and I grinned.

"And here I thought I was good at masking my face."

"So what is it?" Rory grilled straight away.

I let the cigarette in between my fingers, eyes set on my feet. "I entrusted this duty to Wade, seeing he still has not completed his training, I render it to you." I noticed how he flinched ever so slightly.

"What do you mean, Cloud?" Rory narrowed his unperturbed eyes.

"He will come here, to this very house if we don't intercept him." I spoke silently and leaned back on the armchair. Overhead the wooden ceiling fan rotated its paddles slowly.

"Maynor is not psychotic to make such a move." Rory spat.

I shook my head. "No, not him but the assassin who retains a close eye on Faith. He will appear here and I do not desire that. I would have terminated him myself but my wound is still not healed. As it’s my engagement I am certain guests would fancy to meet me and if I attempt to get out, father will not approve of it." I disclosed and looked at him. He pursed his lips and gave a firm nod.

"What about Alexander?" Rory clasped his hands together.

"He just came from a hazardous mission. I want him to get some well-earned rest, besides this matter shall remain in family." I watched him and saw a new look in his eyes.

"You want to perceive my abilities, huh?" Rory uttered.

"I am well aware of your abilities, brother. It is just an appeal." Silence was what followed after those words and I finished yet another cigarette.

"When do you want me to encounter this assassin?" Rory questioned.

"Exactly twenty minutes before Faith will ascend the stairs." I revealed then ran a hand through my hair that touched my neck now and here he smirked.

"You never stop thinking do you?"

"I want to but my brain always opposes." I chuckled and observed as his eyes became stern.

"You sure he is an assassin, he could be a...Sahir." Rory hissed.

"I did not sense an unholy aura from him." I leaned forward and rested my elbows on my thighs.

"Wait, what?" Rory queried with a slight tilt of his head.

I closed my eyes then opened them again. "I went to meet Faith days ago around midnight and that was when I sensed him." I notified Rory and took another drag of my cigarette then flicked the ashes on the ashtray.

"Hmm, so you actually crept in her house while the girl was fast asleep." his tone whooped frolicsomeness

"Yeah I did that." I replied inattentively as my thoughts traveled back to the day I took an oath to protect Faith in her bedroom. A smile sneaked on my lips. Rory opened his mouth to vocalize something but that was when Adam walked in and enlightened us of Lieutenant Troy's awaited arrival. I excused myself and marched to one of the halls where Troy sat.

Troy stood to his feet when I crossed the threshold of the hall. "Good morning, Lieutenant." I greeted and shook his hand.

"Morning Cloud and congratulations," Lieutenant Troy beamed as he took a seat. I mirrored his move.

"Thank you, I hope I did not make you wait." I pronounced and threw my leg over the other aware how my chest protested.

"Oh no, I just got here." Troy assured. He was in his military suit then my eyes fell on his shirt that was embellished with polished medals.

"How is Blade, I haven't heard of him from a long time now?" I quizzed as tea was served.

Tory's face went a little pallid and his lips compressed in a thin line. "He_he was killed in a mission."

To say I was appalled would be an understatement. Blade Devin was killed. "When did this occur?" I asked, marginally mournful.

"Five months ago," came Troy's curt reply.

"I am profoundly sorry to hear that." I expressed as my brows knit together.

"Same here but his wife is expecting a child so I guess Blade is not entirely gone." Troy gave a rueful smile.

"Yes you are right." I agreed then remembered the times I had with Blade. It sure was a source of distress. Blade was one of those I trusted and believed that men like him would bring righteousness and amity to this world.

Silence rippled down on us as we lingered in the ocean of our thoughts. "Tell me, why did you deny the agents, they could have done the job perfectly, why contact the army why contact me?" Troy interrogated.

"I know but I do not trust them when the matter regards my family." I said unhurriedly.