Assassin's Bride Chp19

I hope you like this chapter, I am sorry for the long wait I was busy and had a little problem with my eyes.

______________________________________________________

~*We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear~*

**Cloud**

I kept whistling and jogged the stairs two at a time towards my room. Then voices seized my attention. I walked forward, away from the stairs towards the hall to sight my brothers gathered around. "I should have known you would have a meeting, gentlemen," I announced my arrival and stepped further.

Wade grinned at my approach then beckoned me. I sat next to him, while Rory and Tybalt faced each other. "Yes, I made them stay a little while longer for me," he replied.

"Where are my sister-in-laws then?" I quizzed looking around.

"They decided to give us Jayden men some privacy," Rory informed after he took a gulp of his drink.  "How are you feeling now, Cloud, how's the wound?" his eyes held mine, disquiet noticeable in them.

"It's healing. Thanks to your doctor friend," I smirked.

"You are forgetting me Cloud, I am a doctor too," Tybalt raised his scarred eyebrow.

"Well thank you, brother," I dipped my head at him in gratitude and he chuckled.

Wade leaned back on the couch to rest his head; I put my hand on the nape of his neck just like the old times, "So tell me; how was your tour?"

"Got a little boring in the middle," he responded, a humorous tone in his reply.

"Boring?" Tybalt repeated as though it was nearly impracticable to believe that Wade can get bored.

"Yeah," Wade simply shrugged his shoulders then turned to look at me. "You tell me, one day I am in Greek the other day I get a call from mom telling me Cloud is engaged."

I briefly looked at Rory who silently chuckled, "Guess he has no idea who Faith is," I clapped my lips in a thin line as he spoke.

"Then elaborate please," Wade urged him.

"Faith is...she is Lord Eargon's legacy," Rory apprised him.

Wade's mouth parted a little, "His daughter, Lord Eragon has a daughter? I never knew,"

"Yes, apparently no one had the knowledge aside from mother. She kept this news concealed from father as well, now that Faith has grown to be a beautiful young lady, mother decided it was time she fulfilled her vow to lady Faith. So now after years of waiting she tied their daughter's fate with her assassin son, Cloud," Tybalt spoke slowly as though permitting his information to sink in Wade's brain, permanently.

"Holy shit," my younger brother cursed, and I grimaced, "Then what about Cher-" I cut him off mid sentenced.

"What was in past shall remain in the past," he dipped his head in acknowledgment then rubbed his scalp. I pulled out my car keys from my pocket and tossed them on the table.

"Is there something else I should know?" Wade demanded, his eyes moved between us three.

"Yes there are," Rory began. "I have been keeping an eye on the Wolferian family since Doncieux's death, they have proceeded and inched closer to reality," he spoke to Wade however his eyes remained on me.

"They have recently found out that Eragon has a daughter.  We are not convinced if they have the knowledge that it is Faith. Their secret movements nevertheless indicate something else, but we need to be certain in order to make conclusions and act," Tybalt spoke in a resolute tone.