Assassin's Bride Chp17

Everything in this story is my imagination. I apologize for the grammar and spelling mistakes that is only because English is not my first language, its probably my third one.

______________________________________________

۞~Life is the flower for which love is the honey. Victor Hugo~۞  Love his books.

*Cloud*

I clenched my fist as blood dribbled down my forehead. A sudden severe quiver engulfed my wretched form as the weather became chilly, bitter. Not being able to abide it any longer I collapsed on my knees. Crimson blood was everywhere, bodies lay lifeless, ripped around me, blood snaked the sword that was clutched in my hand.

After Alexander's call we met the assassin's Malcolm had sent, among them were the three who were my peers. They were the cause I had wounds all over my body, fresh blood gushed from deep gashes. Malcolm was not here, he sent his men to do his toil. Affairs were settled here now I have to go; I have to execute my master.

I thrust the tilt of the sword in the concrete and pushed my benumb body upwards. The world blacked out for a moment but I urged the heavy lids of my eyes to open and stared at the massacre, the pool of blood that surrounded me like a deadly imprecation. I turned my back to them and made my way to the car. I had parked almost twenty feet away.

I did not bestow concern to the red water that trailed me. I had to get to Malcolm before he causes any discomfort to Faith. I dragged my feet with Herculean effort. Once the car was merely a feet away, I held the door for support which I had left open in haste.

Once inside, I disregarded the blood that stained the leather, rotated to grab my bag and get more weapons. I hissed as a fierce pain traveled through my rib cage then turned back around to open the bag. That was when a hand rested on my shoulder. My head jerked up to see Alexander.

He looked dreadful, bruises marred his face and a wound at the side of his jaw transformed into a nasty purple one. Alexander peered at me with perturb and agitation in his eyes. "You cannot go," he declared. I growled.

"I can't?" I dared, Alex looked down. "He is probably already there for her," then roared, my voice sounded rasp to my ears.

Alexander did not utter a word as I grabbed my weapons, tossed the bag on the backseat, and then placed my weapons on the passenger seat. "Cloud, when you ordered to hunt him I did and.." He trailed off; here I cranked my neck at him. "Malcolm departed from the country he sensed you would finish these men off quickly," Alex enunciated, I just nodded slowly.

A lethal beast within my chest stirred from its tranquil slumber. Immediately my senses charged inn, shoved the demon deep down back to its peaceful slumber. I ran a hand through my hair, only to come contact with dry blood.

"My master believes Faith is my fragility," I tusked Alexander's eyes grew wide. "She is nothing but strength to me. Like father once mentioned he is my master and killing him would be arduous but not impossible," I stood up then winced.

"Drive, drive to Faith's house," I told him and walked around the car.

*~*~

I banged my head in the headrest of my chair when I ripped my torn shirt and skimmed my fingers over the wound. "Cloud, man you need to go to hospital, your fucking bleeding," Alex said with a quick glance.

"No," I hissed as I jabbed the piece of my shirt on the gash and pressed it. "Keep going I have to see her with my eyes, have to make sure she is unscathed."

Alexander bobbed his head and did not vocalize another word. The stream of red liquid had slowed down so I unfastened the glove box to grab a hip flask that contained alcohol then opened the screw top, my hand juddered a little when the car drove over patches and the fluid rained on my chest "Shit!" I barked.

Crucial and gut-wrenching minutes rolled by I did not open my eyes. The pain was grave however the effect of alcohol took place soon.

"We are here," Alex announced breaking the silence that lingered in the car and my eyes shot open.

With the fabric pressed against my chest I unlocked the door and stepped out. Alexander appeared on my side for aid but I held my bloody hand up and marched to where Tybalt and Rory stood guard, few feet away from Faith's house.

"You look like hell, what happened?" Rory demanded when he laid his eyes on my wounds.

I nodded, "Three of his men were tough to handle; how's everything here?" I interrogated and glided my eyes around the environment. There were three heartbeats around me the other heart beat I presumed would be present was astonishingly absent.

"We had a bit of inconvenience a mile away but no one got any closer, don't worry she is safe," Tybalt delivered in a stern tone. "What about you?"

"He got away," I snarled both from the pain and turn of affairs.

"He made you tackle his men when his plan crumbled," Rory said with a raise of a brow.

"This only makes it interesting," I grinned, they stared at me awestruck.

"How so?" Tybalt questioned.

"Malcolm sent half of his best men after me the other half, I know, aren't worthy enough. I believe this is the end where we shall at last meet," I chuckled then winched against the pain that traveled in my jaw.

Tybalt shook his head, "What do you suggest now, Cloud?"

"I will stay here," I ordered.

"No Cloud," Alex spoke for the first time since we arrived here. "You are not well and besides Malcolm is gone so no one will come after her," he suggested.

I knew he was right but something inside of me opposed to abandon Faith. "You don't trust us with her?" Rory quizzed as though he read my mind. I did trust my brothers for the task that awaited them then again I was nervous I could not fully count on their ability and I also knew something were to rise I was not in the state to combat.

"It's not that," I straightened my spine.

"Then what is it?" Rory asked in a stony voice. I caught a glimpse of his agitation.

I exhaled. "I am the one who created this mess brother, I want to be the one who would shoulder all the complications," I explained and Rory nodded in understatement.

"Rory take Cloud home and tell Rose I won't be home tonight," Tybalt spoke in a tone that held authority, a tone that sealed the deal and so I remained silent and listened. "Alexander you stay here with me. It's already two in the morning we will not have to wait longer," he stared in my eyes as though challenging me to disagree.

"Very well do as you please brother," I sighed. No matter what they have to keep her safe. I cannot bear the thought of someone being in danger because of my doings. Faith is not only my fiancé but Eragon's legacy. It is their duty to keep her far from harm's way as well.

~*~*~*~