Chapter 4(Ryder's POV): I Know Her

When I looked back at her all I saw was hate. Was it towards me? Or towards the establishment and council? I think I knew her. I can't explain why but I knew her and I just can't place her. Did she ever live here? 

Maybe she was our mole. Right as I stepped out of the prison rooms the other prisoner was right beside me. Ugh. "Nerrick, is it?" I knew I got his name wrong. I tend to get names wrong to show that they mean nothing to me. I can't have people thinking that we are becoming "buddies" that wouldn't work. 

"Merrick, actually. I have come to you because I held up my part of the bargain and I want the drive you promised me." Ah, yes the drive. Why was it so important? Father always told me the drive just had old files of the planning behind the establishment... useless since they already went through with the plans and took over. 

I had Imelda take the drive from our father's office and replace it with one that was similar. "Don't think this changes anything. You are a worthless scum who has a hard time choosing between duty and honor, you ignorant swine." I spit it out. I did not know why I was angry at him. He betrayed the rebels... his sister.

I knew her but I couldn't place her and that infuriated me. The elevator doors opened. Imelda. 

"The commander has requested we report to the torture chambers with the prisoner for extracting information on the rebels." she said. 

Imelda was a mad scientist. People were afraid of her. That's my sister. The commander is our father whether he accepts that or not we were biologically related, but nothing more.

Imelda had it rougher than I did. Her powers were harder to control than mine. She could manipulate nightmares and walk through walls. She was the candidate to torture the rebels because her powers were meant for it.

 No one dared to mess with us. If me and my sister were together there would be no ending to the pain we could cause. "Very well," I said. I looked at Merrick. "I think it's time they had a little reunion before though." 

Before I knew it I was grabbing Merrick by the arm. I squeezed harder than I should have but my anger towards him was a boiling cauldron. He yelped and scratched at my arm but I wouldn't release him. 

This was going to be fun.