Chapter 5(Back to Harlow's POV): The Unexpected

Not even 30 minutes later, Merrick was next to my cell. He wasn't in one himself. Why? If I am in one, he didn't deserve to be in one? He was just as much of a rebel as I was. Then Ryder came back to my cell and looked at me. If looks could kill I would be six feet in the ground. 

When he looked at me like he was it made it so hard to keep eye contact like I was going to break eye contact first. I looked straight into his eyes and felt a jolt. Like electricity was running through me. "If you must know the mole inside your base. It was your brother. He gave me the information he betrayed your little 'family' he was the one to give me the information and now he will be given what he asks because he did his job like he was told to."Ryder was hissing at me now.

 I stood still. It felt like the world had suddenly flipped upside down and felt like hot became cold. I was sweating. No.It couldn't be because Merrick was good he wouldn't- I looked at Merrick then back to Ryder, his face was blank. Job? He said job. How long has this been going on? Did it start a couple of months ago when he first was let out of the tunnels? I looked at Ryder then Merrick.

"How long has this been happening? You know what no. I don't want to know. You lied. Men have died because of you. Both of you. How can you be okay with that Merrick?" I looked at him this time and really looked as if he was someone else. A side I never saw. It was all true. Merrick was the spy. The spy was my Merrick. The cell opened. Merrick tried to come next to me but I put my hand up. What was I doing? He's my brother. I found myself saying something completely different though. "You're dead to me. You abandoned the rebels and me. Don't touch me." I was spitting the words out at him.

Ryder put space between me and my brother. He had a smirk on his face. How evil could he be? He was getting enjoyment from watching me realize this horrible situation. That's when I first felt afraid. Being here wasn't scary because I had Merrick and me and him would get through it together but now, I was alone.

Ryder took my arm with force and forced me upstairs. We were in one of those boxes again. "Oh yeah, before I forget," he said. He threw what looked like a hard drive to my brother. "Thank you for your service, soldier." He threw his hand through his hair and the doors closed.