Chapter 25: Time to Get the Commander Angry

Susan helped hack into the sector's cameras and the speakers. She could only hold it for around 30 seconds before someone caught on and could try to trace our location.

All of us were wearing clothes similar to one another. Everett, Imelda, and Ryder were all given machine guns and small pistols. Imelda had her assassin suit on and Ryder and Everett had similar clothes to match.

I was wearing white. I didn't know why but I felt like a principal.

We were going live in a few seconds and Max was going to hold the video camera. "5...4...3....2... go." Max signaled.

"Hello. My name is Harlow Murkin. You may not know who I am. I do know this. These people you see beside me have been used. The world is not what we thought it to be. The establishment and the council wish to control us, our minds, and our bodies. The establishment has used all four of us to test how to control people. We have been brainwashed, tortured, and have gone through trials unimaginable. They want to control civilians. They want to take away your choice. I know they can do it. I say we stop them. Rise against the people who threaten your families who claim you to be weak for loving. Love is not weak but makes us stronger! Fight with us against the establishment and the council and let's take back our rights! Our freedom! Let's take back what's rightfully ours! The commander thinks we will take this lying down... let's prove just how wrong he is. Let's show him. The rebellion has only begun and this will not be the last you hear from us."

The video camera's red light flicked off. I did it. I was the image of the rebellion.

We didn't have time to celebrate, we had to get ready. The commander definitely saw that and he would be infuriated.

He was coming but we didn't know how many people sided with us. Only those in the tunnels were the numbers we were sure of.

"Hey we got people outside!!" Someone pulled the security feed. It wasn't establishment soldiers, it was civilians. They were on our side.

"Ryder and I should head to the sector. We can get a body count of how many will fight with us." Imelda strapped on her mask. "If anything were to go wrong I can just shift back into the shadows with Ryder and come back. It's more practical this way."

She nodded to the door's security camera. Everett hugged and kissed her forehead. Ryder gave my hand a squeeze and he held onto his sister's shoulder.

Then they were gone.