Chapter 23(Everett's POV): Scars

I had to carry Imelda into the new room we were given. I gently laid her down on the bed. I didn't know what side she would prefer so I chucked her into the middle.

She winced. "I think you need to go to the infirmary. They can help wrap you and clean you up properly." I was about to head out to go call the healers but she grabbed my wrist.

"No... no he...healers. Can you do it?" She had a grimace look on her face and looked on the verge of tears.

"Sure. Do you mind if I...?" I looked to her for approval and she nodded her head. I slowly got her into a seated position and helped take her armor off.

When I lifted her shirt over her head it was filled in blood. I couldn't tell if it was hers or one of the men she barbecued.

She had a dark black and blue bruise all on her shoulders that went all the way down to her ribs.

I took her mask off and her nose seemed broken. I gently laid her back down on the bed and went to grab a damp cloth.

When I came back her pants were gone and her legs had dark purple bruises all along the sides with her feet swollen. Who would do this to her? I felt my anger boiling as I came back and sat next to her. I gently cleaned her cut on her stomach and gently helped her get to the tub. She then removed everything else.

"Ah... maybe I should go." I didn't know what to really do. "You're my husband you've seen me before, yes?" She smirked.

I mean yeah I probably have but I don't remember it. This was my first time seeing her in this little simulator. As she crawled in the tub I saw her back. My God.

Her back was covered in scars and lash marks. Her father. I couldn't think of anything to say. I actually went speechless.

She hissed when her body became fully submerged in the tub and she caught me looking. She smiled.

Okay I should probably get out of here.

She didn't say anything as I got out of the bathroom but then I heard her slowly coming out of the tub. She had a towel wrapped around her and then cleaned up the rest of herself.

It was my turn to go in. When I got back she was in a dead sleep and had small snores come from her. I smiled. How cute.

I guess she was taking the right side of the bed. I gently got in the bed and her arm draped across me. I froze.

Then I relaxed. My beautiful wife.

She opened her eyes and smiled back at me. She scooted closer and then we both fell asleep in one another's arms.

Everything was complete.