Chapter 27: Nice to See You Again

Susan walked into the room with Ryder gripping her arm. She was winced when she saw the group again. "Can someone tell this gorilla boy that he is hurting me and needs to loosen the grip?" Susan winned.

Ryder let her go when we all circled around her. She looked at our group and then back at Everett. Oh God girl don't try anything. Imelda will pummel your ass. "Ever... what's going on?" Susan tried to take a step towards Everett.

Imelda shifted and stood in front of him. She placed her arm under his and had her hand touching the back of his shoulder. Her glare could cut Susan down in two.

Susan took a step backwards and frowned. "What do you guys need me for?" She looked disappointed. "We need you to track the commander's communicator and tell us where he is." Ryder was not playing around anymore and he couldn't care two peanut shells about how her feelings were crushed. Along with her dignity.

She sat in one of the chairs and quickly started to type on the keyboard. In less than ten minutes she had his location pulled up. He was in the middle of the city square. He was waiting.

All of us stiffened. "He's expecting us. Can you hack into the cameras in the city?" I look at Susan. She was already on it. "No guards are around the center of the square. I don't know why but it's just... him. He's alone it seems but his soldiers are moving in. They're coming to us." She looked at us again. Fear was showing in her eyes. She left and we all suited up.

"I can teleport us there. Shouldn't be too hard. I am healed now and I got my knives back." Imelda looked at us. We knew what to do next and placed our hands on her. Then we all saw darkness. It was cold and inviting and then we were there. The commander was dressed head to toe in black and had two long knives ready for a kill. "Seems you got my message. It's a shame, really. Only one of my children stayed loyal." The commander had a dark chuckle. We all looked at Ryder and Imelda. They looked confused and then they looked at each other. "Oh please. You two are weak. Useless. You both really think I would only have two kids? You both were unreliable so I took matters into my own hands. Sweetheart come on out," the commander said. Gwen.

Of course it was her. Stupid girl. No wonder I had a gut feeling about her. She was dressed in a dark black uniform. She had two swords like the commander, they were already stained with blood. Nathaniel's probably.

"Meet my other child, Gwen. Or should I say Genna. You see she was my mole. She was able to make that poor excuse of a leader marry her and tell her all the information she needed. See, unlike you two weak and useless children she would do anything for me and the establishment." The commander had blood lust fill his eyes.

"Shut up. Let's finish this." I charged. Right behind me was my family.