Chapter 26: It's Time to Move

They got back. Ryder and Imelda were both dripping with sweat. "What the hell happened?" I look at them Ryder holding his side while Imelda sits on the floor straight away.

"We got a lot of people coming. They are gonna help but some... let's just say that they weren't fond of the idea. Some were scared that the plan to overrule the Commander wouldn't work."Ryder shrugged and rested his head against the wall.

"How many?" Nathaniel looked nervous. The whole rebellion was ready for the fight heading our way and we were prepared to send a group to strike first. "400, maybe 500." Imelda grins. My jaw was kissing the floor.

We only needed to take out the commander. He was number one in charge of the rest of the council and if we could remove his power and kill him then the rest of the council would fall. It would be like chopping the head off of the dragon.

"My word." Nathaniel picked his jaw from the floor and he turned around marching to the group first going out.

"Today we take back what we lost! Today we bring order! We bring justice!" Nathaniel raised his arms and the rest of the rebels followed.

It was time. We all suited up and watched the first 200 leave the tunnels.

The establishment soldiers that came to help fight arrived and exchanged words with the leader of the 200. They came running towards the tunnels.

"Guys... what the hell is that?" Ryder pointed to the monitor. It looked like a plan. No... a missile. Heading straight towards the 200 soldiers.

My lips began to tremble and Ryder's eyes widened. Then we heard it. The missile hit the 200 soldiers and dirt flew everywhere. The missile sent a small shake to the ground above and we felt it. The loss of 200 soldiers.

"How many people does that leave us?" Everett asked us. Hoping for good news. "They just made the playing field equal. Whatever happens has to count. We don't have multiple shots at this." Ryder put a hand on Everett who quickly sat as soon as he felt Ryder's hand on his shoulder.

The screens froze and something replaced them. The Commander's face. "Hello. Ryder. Imelda. Harlow. I see your group has discovered again what we were trying to do. I am impressed. You never thought of starting a movement. When I find you the experiment will end and I will personally escort you all into the next life. Into your living hell."

The message ended and all of us stood there with our mouths open. "Okay. We have to get out there and find him. Does anyone have any special abilities that can help track the man?" Everett looked at all of us. We all looked at one another. Now would be an amazing time to find out someone had strong senses. Nobody. Great.

"Does he ever carry a device on him?" I looked at Ryder and Imelda. "Yeah... his device he uses to communicate with the rest of the council. It was always meant for emergencies but all of the council keeps it on their persons at all times," Imelda said, she caught on to what I was thinking. "Can it be tracked?" I looked at her. She nodded her head.

"Let's get Susan and have her trace it then." Ryder walked out of the room. Assuming Susan wasn't one of the 200 I think we could do some serious damage to this son of a bitch.