Chapter 15: Have I Seen You Before?

Another day of questions and getting information on him. This time on the hard drive. "I don't know what's on it. I was told that it was the old plans when the establishment was first created, before they took over, it's useless now because as you can see," he said as he held his hands up flimsy, "they already won." 

There must be something I am missing. I tried putting it into the computer but it wouldn't access the information. I tried several times but this hard drive was different and I couldn't really share it. Merrick died for this hard drive and I wouldn't just go sharing it around so everyone can see. Merrick wanted me and Ryder to see this information. 

Together? I mean he also wanted Everett and Imelda to see it, but it was impossible for all of us due to our different circumstances. "I apologize that I could not be of more help." He looked at me- his face blank- his eyes saying something else. He was sincere. Weird. As I walked to the door I felt him watching me. I turned around and he was right next to me. How did I not hear him walk right behind me? He was too close for comfort. I felt his breath on my cheek and the warmth from his body. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and envelop myself in his warmth.

  He was going to leave the base soon. I didn't know when. It bothered me. He knew how I felt and his eyes glowed with lust and intimacy. "I know who you are but I am not sure exactly how. I don't know why but I feel close to you. I know it's not much and won't change the way you feel about me. I know I am a monster and deserve to die," he said in a low whisper as if he was talking to himself. I had to think of what I wanted to say to him but it came natural ."You don't deserve to die and I don't think you are a monster. We all do things to survive and we all are put through our own shit shows. You got it rougher than I did and most of the people here at the base. Shit. Probably everyone. You have a horrible father but I know you don't want to be like him... do you? You want to be better than him. You want to be free of him. I don't know why... but I know you too. I don't know how but I feel closer to you than I have to anyone I have ever been with."I just wanted to be closer to him. I've never felt this way towards anyone before. I was so inexperienced and was a hot mess. I rose on my toes and put my hands on his shoulder. Our lips barely touched. I shouldn't be doing this. This was a mistake. I pulled away but before I knew it his lips were back on mine. Our lips crashed like waves of emotion and passion. I felt like I was on fire and everything was spinning. He pulled back and both of us were breathing hard. Oh God what did I just do? It felt so natural and I couldn't for the life of me understand why. He looked at me, did he feel the same way? His walls were down and I could read his feelings on his face. I kissed him again this time slower. I wanted to understand what this was. He embrace me in the kiss his hands holding my waist and slowly moving up to the small of my back. He slowly picked me up and we were on the small cot. He kissed me tenderly and it was intoxicating. His warmth, smell, and taste enraptured me-protected me-and I felt safe and loved. 

This is crazy. What am I doing? I'm kissing a man feared by the rebellion. A man who I know but at the same time I don't. I froze. He pulled away and looked at me, his hand just finding the skin under my top. My eyes went wide.

 I didn't want to ruin this moment. Not with him.

He looked at me and smiled. He pulled away and allowed me to sit up. We sat next to each other on the cot. "If you're not ready I am not going to force you." He looked at me and the passion in his eyes only burned more. He was beautiful and strong and I was a fool. 

I kissed him again this time more passionate and rough and he took it with grace and returned his kiss with the same passion. I pulled away and fixed my shirt. My head was spinning and it felt like I could fly. I looked back at him. "Don't worry love, I'll be here." He had a smile and it was genuine. I smiled back and left. What did I just do! Why didn't I regret it?