Chapter 22(Harlow's POV): Getting Settled In

We all fell out of the air. Imelda got it the worst. She was on the bottom and all of us fell right on top of her.

"Shit. How much do you guys weigh?" Imelda winced. Okay girl you don't need to know that.

All of us groaned and rolled off of her. The doors to the rebel base opened and guns were thrown in our faces. "Welcome to your new home, Imelda." I looked up. Nathaniel. Gwen. Ugh. What was Dora doing outside?

"I see you have brought more friends. Have you guys been followed? Any trackers on you?" Nathaniel looked at Imelda then Ryder.

"No. All is good," Everett said.

"We should kill her. There was almost peace and then we saw you outside. Now everyone wants your heads." Gwen pointed to Ryder and Imelda.

Everyone was standing but Imelda was pretty messed up. Everett carried her bridal style. We walked into the base. There was no 0ne around.

"We sent everyone back to their rooms. We didn't know how they'd react to you guys coming back with the commander's children." Nathaniel shrugged.

"Thank you, Nathaniel. We have a plan, we just need time." I put a hand on his shoulder. Ryder's eyes followed my movement. "Ryder is my husband and this woman, Imelda, is my sister in-law." I didn't know what else to say. Might as well say it now but saying it out loud was different. It made it a little more real.

Nathaniel looked at all of us a little more closely. "You guys can't stay in your old bunk rooms. We need to move you guys to more secure rooms. Guess that makes it easy. We only have two so you can share with your significant others." Nathaniel led us to the rooms. Imelda and Everett were to our right.

"We will have a meeting tomorrow morning. Rest." Nathaniel and Gwen left.

Nathaniel was nice but Gwen... I wanted her to go choke on a cookie.

I stepped inside the big room. It had a bathroom and a big bed. A full bed not some twin bed. There were a few cabinets and one small mirror on top of them. Not as great as the establishments but it would do.

"Do you need anything?" Ryder looked at me as I was looking around the room. Looking for cameras in particular.

"Just you." I smiled at him. He came closer to me and kissed me first on the forehead and then lowered his lips to mine.

He pulled me into a tighter embrace. I felt his warmth against me and felt his strength keeping me together.

I was his and he was mine. We were one. We were together.