Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I hug my knees as I glare at the letter, watching it burn into flame through the endless tears flowing down from my eyes. Eventually the burden got too much to handle. I burst into tears and bury my face in my arms that's hugging my knees. Why... why Merlin... why did you chose me? Why can't it be someone else... why does it have to be me!!

Oh... how I hate my life

-The Chamber Of Secrets-

Y/N P.O.V

I just sit there, by the fireplace as I watch the flame dancing around. I've calmed down, but there are still a few tears that slips out of my eyes. I just wipe them away once in a while, only for more to come.

I turn my head to look at the clock. It's still around 9, I still have one hour before curfew. I let out a sigh. 'I need some fresh air...' I thought to myself. I wipe the remaining tears and stand up from my spot. I make my way out of the common room. Then I walk down the corridor.

In the distance, I notice 3 figures standing next to the wall. I furrow my eyebrow and walk closer. I realize it's Potter and his friends.

They turn to look at me. I look at them for a bit and turn my head towards the wall, where they've been staring. My eyes widened when I see blood written message.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware. What's that suppose to mean?" I said, turning to look at the trio. They look at me speechless. I notice something hanging and turn my head.

There's a cat hanging by its tail. I gasp in shock when I saw it. I turn to the trio. "What have you done?" I said. "N-No... i-it w-wasn't us..." Hermione stuttered out. "Well... how does this happen then?" I asked. I notice other students walking towards us.

"What's going on, Duchanne?" Malfoy said. I turn my head to look at him, then gesture the blood in the wall. He furrow his eyebrow and turn to look at the wall.

I can see his eyes scanning the words. "Enemies of the heir beware? You'll be next mud-blood!" he said, turning to look at Granger. I roll my eyes at what he said. I was about to make a comment when someone cuts me off.

"What's going on here? Make way! Make way!" The person said. Argus Filch comes into view. I frown and turn my head to look at the trio, then back at Argus.

"Ms. Norris..." he said. He turns to look at Harry with anger in his eyes. "You... murdered my cat?" He said. "N-No..." Potter said, shaking his head. I can see in his eyes that he's not responsible for what had happened to Ms. Norris.

"I'll kill you... I'LL KILL YOU!!" He yelled, grabbing a hold of Potter's collar. I speed walk towards him and remove his hand from Potter's collar, I stand in front of Potter, shielding him from Filch's anger.