Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

"So... did you find an answer?" I asked. "It's not him. Malfoy isn't the heir of Slytherin..." he said. "I figure that much... that boy doesn't have any trait of the heir..." I said, rolling my eyes. I turn to Hermione. "Let's get you to the Hospital Wings... we'll make up an excuse. We CAN'T tell Madam Pomfrey a thing about Polyjuice... or we'll be in trouble" I said. They nod their heads. Then we escort Hermione to the Hospital Wings. I sure hope she'll be fine.

-The Blood Book-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting on the chair next to the bed Hermione is currently resting. The fur on her body is completely gone. But she still throw out fur ball once in a while.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked. She nods her head at my question. "Yeah... I'm okay... the fire-flower potion you gave us really helps... thank you for that" she said. "You're welcome..." I said, smiling softly at her. I feel glad that she's alright.

"I'm going to let you rest now... Madam Pomfrey told you to rest for a few days. Then you should be okay" I said, smiling at her. She nods her head, and move to lay down. I pull the blanket up to her chest. "Bye, Hermione... I'll see you later. I'll come back with the boys..." I said. She nods her head and close her eyes. I turn around and leave the Hospital Wings.

I open the door and bump into someone. I look up to see Malfoy. I roll my eyes when I saw him. He ignore the stare I gave him and look behind me, then back at me.

"You just came out of the Hospital Wings... are you hurt or something?" He asked. "No... I'm just here for Hermione..." I said. He narrow his eyes when he heard me said Hermione's name.

"You called that mud-blood by her first name. Are you friends now?" He said. "So what if I am friends with her? You've got problem with that?? And don't you ever call her with that disgusting name!" I asked, glaring at him. "What? Mud-blood? That's what she is, is she not? Her family don't have magic in their blood" he said. I slap him across the cheek, turning his face side-way.

"I said... DO NOT CALL HER THAT!" I spat angrily. He turns to me with a stun look. "What? Go on... say it. That phrase you always said every time things do not go your way. I dare you to say it!" I said. But he didn't say anything, instead... he have a sad look in his face. He looks at me one more time, then he just turn around and leave.

He bumps into Harry and Ron on the way. He just give them a side glance, then continue walking. Ron looks at him in confusion, then they walk towards me.

"Did something happen? He never walked away like that. At least... not without insulting us..." Harry said. I just shrug my shoulders.

"He insulted Hermione. So naturally I'd stand up for her. Malfoy called her with that disgusting name, so I slapped him... I thought he's going to say that same phrase again... but he didn't and just walk away..." I said. They look at me in shock.

"That's weird... he'd usually said 'My FaTHer WiLl HeAr ABout ThIs!' But he didn't say that to you? I wonder why..." Ron said. I just giggle at his attempt to mimic Malfoy.

"What?" He asked. "You sound like him..." I said. His eyes widened. "Eww!!! Don't ever compare me with Malfoy!" He said. I just raise my hand in mock surrender.

"Let's just go... we need to let Hermione rest. With her current condition, I'm sure her hearing would be sharp..." I said. They just nod their heads. Then the three of us walks away.

"How is she?" Harry asked when we walk up as we walk up the stairs to the second floor. I turn to look at him. "She have to stay in the hospital wings for a few days... but she'll be fine..." I said. "Yeah... as soon as she stops throwing up fur ball..." Ron said. I turn to look at him with a glare. He flinch and look down.

"Ugh... what is that?" He said. I look down as well to see water. We walk upstairs and turn around the corner to see more water. "Looks like Moaning Myrtle flooded up the bathroom..." Harry said. I turn to look at him and run towards the bathroom.

We walk inside the bathroom. I can hear sobbing and look around. Harry looks up and points up on a higher place from us. I turn my head to see where he's pointing to see Myrtle sitting by the rounded window.

She turns to look at us. "Come to throw something else at me?" She said, looking upset. "Why would I throw something at you?" I said, looking at her in confusion.

"Don't ask me! Here I am... minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me..." she said, looking upset. "But it can't hurt when someone throw something at you. I mean... it will just go right through you" Ron said. I turn to look at him in annoyance.

Myrtle flies towards him, looking angry. "Sure! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it! Ten points if you make it through her stomach!" She said, punching Ron in the stomach. "Fifty points if it go through her head!" She said, punching Ron in the head which only go through him.

"I can help you with that..." I said, looking at Myrtle, then I hit Ron on the back of his head. He groaned in pain. "Ow! What did you do that for?!" He yelled at me. "For being so insensitive. Gosh! You're such an idiot sometimes" I said, rolling my eyes. He grumble and mumble something under his breath.

"But who threw it at you anyway?" Harry asked. "I don't know... I didn't see them. I was just sitting in the u-bend, thinking about death and it fell through the top of my head... mm hmm..." she said. Then she turns around and crying while floating away. I feel so bad for her.

Harry walks towards something. I turn my head to see what he saw to see a black notebook. He pick it up and observe it. I walk towards him and stand next to him.

"Who's notebook that?" I said. "I don't know..." he said, staring at the book. "Here... let me see..." I said. He hands the book to me. I look every edge of the book and turn it around.

"Tom Marvolo Riddle

"Tom Marvolo Riddle... who is that??" I said. They just shrug their shoulders, to let me know they have no idea either. The three of us look at each other.

"You keep it Harry..." I said. "But you're the most responsible one..." he said. "You're the one who found it. So you keep it..." I said. He just nods his head, without saying anything.

The more students for petrified... the more it makes me think that it's not a human's doing, it must be something... something that is terrifying to the point everyone got petrified because of how scared they are.

This notebook can be a clue to what is going on and who or what is responsible with the student's state. I just hope we can solve this as soon as possible. I hope we can solve it soon... before more students become a victim to whoever or whatever the cause is.

*to be continued*