Chapter 42

Previously on Chapter 41

"And I've told you... countless of times, we're NOT engage! Your father have no power of that. He's not a priest! So stop acting like I'm yours" I spat angrily. I turn around and walks out of the room, not giving him a chance to say anything else.

-The First Task: Dragons-

Y/N P.O.V

Today is the first task. I'm worried about Harry. He will be facing a dragon. It makes me wish I'm in his position instead, because dragon is magical creature which means they won't hurt me. But Harry... oh he is going to get hurt.

"Harry?" I called out, outside of the tent. "Y/N?" He said. "How are you feeling?" I asked. "I'm nervous..." he said. "You'll be okay... I know you can handle it. You're a strong person..." I said. "Thanks, Y/N..." he said. I walk inside the tent and hugs him. I can see a flash and turn my head. My eyes widened when I realize who it was. Rita Skeeter.

"Well well well... not what I expect at all. The Boy Who Lived with a girl from the legendary family. A Duchanne... this is a real scoop..." she said, looking excited. I roll my eyes at her. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Yeah... this tent is for champions and friends only..." Victor said. "Doesn't matter. I got what I want..." she said, winking at us. Then she turns around walks out of the tent.

"Great... now she's going to make some petty love story out of this. Merlin! I hate that woman..." I said, rolling my eyes. I turn to look at Harry and smile at him. "Good luck out there, okay?" I said. He smiles at me and nods his head. "Thanks, Y/N..." he said. I smile at him and make eye contact with Cedric. "You too, Cedric... good luck..." I said. I walk towards him and hugs him softly.

Cedric P.O.V

She's hugging me. My crush is hugging me and she wishes me good luck. Now I'm going to win that this tournament for sure. I'll try my best to impress her and she'd want to be with me.

She pulls away from me and smile. I smile at her. She turns around and walks out of the tent. The smile on my face didn't fade as I watch her walk away.

I'll make you fall for me, Y/N...

Y/N P.O.V

I sit with the rest of the audience. Since Ron is still kind of ignoring Harry, I decided to just sit alone. But it's not long, because Draco comes and sits next to me.

"I hope he's going to be okay..." I said softly. "I hope he's going to get hurt" Draco said. I turn to look at him in annoyance. "If you're just here to be a jerk to my best friend... I'll just move from here..." I said. I stand up as if to prove my point. But Draco quickly grabs my wrist.

"Okay! Okay... I won't say anything rude about your friend. Just... don't go..." he said. I roll my eyes and sit back down. The first champion to battle with the dragon is Cedric.

He looks around the audience seats and make eye-contact with me. "Good luck!" I mouth. He caught on with what I'm trying to say and smiles. He focus his attention to the arena, making sure to watch out for the dragon.

Suddenly the dragon appear. He jumps out of the way, avoiding the dragon. It's a Swedish Short-Snout. I watch in worry as he runs out of the ways of the coming flames. But in the end he manages to get the Golden Egg.

I wait in silence for Harry's turn, which is the last. He walks slowly into the arena, looking extremely anxious. I mean... who wouldn't? He's about to face a fire-breathing reptilian giants.

He jumps when the dragon appears. My eyes widen when I saw the dragon. It's the Hungarian Horntail! One of the most dangerous dragon ever roam the world. Now I'm very nervous. I hope Harry will make it out safely.

I notice Harry pointing his wand to the sky. But I can't hear what he said because the crowd is being too loud. I grin when his Firebolt broomstick appear from the sky. He jumps onto it and flies away.

I cheer loudly when he manages to get the egg. He lands on the ground and walks out of the arena. I grin happily. I turn around and run towards him. I wrap my arms around him tightly.

"You made it! I knew you could! I told you, you're a strong wizard, Harry" I said. I pull away and smile at him. "Thank you for believing in me, Y/N..." he said. I smile at him and hugs him again. He wraps an arm around my waist, as the other is holding the egg.

Time-skip

I'm currently in the Gryffindor's common room. Harry asked me to be there. We are celebrating his victory. Everyone finally drop the judging facade after seeing his performance. Which makes me really glad.

"Now does everyone wants me to open it??" Harry said, holding up the egg. "Yes!!!" Everyone yells in sync. He opens the egg and drops it when an ear-deafening sound appears from it. He quickly close it back.

"What was that?" I said, still in shock from the loud noise. My ears are still ringing from the sound. "I'm not sure I know..." he said, looking at the egg. "Um... well... I think I'm going back to Slytherin... I'll be in Gryffindor starting tomorrow.. as my 2 months is over..." I said. I give everyone a hug and hug Harry last. I give him the longest hug.

"I'm sure you'll figure something out... good luck with it, Harry..." I said. He hugs me softly, burying his face into my hair. "Thanks, Y/N..." he said. I pull away and said bye to all of them. Then I walk out of the Gryffindor house.

I reach Slytherin house and head to my room. I take my pajamas and head for the shower. My ears still rings from the loud noise. 'What was that? I wonder what made sounds like that...' I thought to myself. I close my eyes and relax. I'll help Harry as best I can to figure out the second task.

I finish showering and put on my pajamas. I walk out of the washroom and make my way to my bed and lay down. I stare at the ceiling for a few seconds. I let out a sigh, deciding to think about it tomorrow. I turn to my side and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*