Chapter 79

Previously on Chapter 78

My eye suddenly make eye-contact with Draco, who just entered the shop. He looks at me briefly, before looking away. I frown at his coldness. What's wrong with him? Why did he suddenly change?

-A Cursed Necklace-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently walking on a bridge. I walk next to Harry, while Ron and Hermione walks together. My mind keep wondering off to Draco. I'm getting really worried about him.

I hear a scream and looks up, I can see a girl laying on the ground. She have a friend that looks panic. "Guys look!" I said. They look up to see the girl as well. "Come on! Let's have a look. We have to help" Harry said. Then the four of us runs towards them.

"What happened?" I asked the girl. "I don't know! I saw her touching that necklace and she ended up like this" she said. I can see the tears in her eyes. I place my hand on her shoulder. I turn to the girl as she suddenly shot up in the sky. Then she fall hard on the ground.

I run towards her. I was about to touch her. "Don't touch her!" Someone yelled. I turn my head to see Hagrid. I stand up and turns to look at him. "What happened to her, Hagrid? Do you know?" I said. He turns to the ground.

"She's been hexed..." he said. I turn my head to see what he's looking and see a necklace. "What is that?" I said, walking closer towards it. Hagrid stops me. "I warn you... do not touch it. Just touch the fabric and not the necklace, you hear me?" He said, in a stern voice. I nod my head, letting him know I understand.

Time-skip

We are now in Professor McGonagall's office. She's inspecting the necklace. We have taken Katie Bell to the Hospital Wings to her treated.

She's looking at us with a stern expression. "Why... every time there's a problem, it's always you four?" She said, looking at us with unimpressed face. "We have been asking the same thing for 6 years..." Ron said. I ignore his comment and focus my attention on Professor McGonagall.

"Is Katie going to be okay, Professor?" I asked. "Ms. Bell is lucky enough to be alive. Are you sure you don't know where she get this necklace from?" She said, turning to look at Katie's friend. "She don't have it when she's with me..." she said. "You may leave... I'll try to find some answers" Professor said. We turn around and walk out of her office.

"I wonder who hexed her..." Hermione said. "I don't know..." I said. "You can read minds, can you? Why don't you use it?" Ron said. "It's draining Ron... and there's like hundreds of students here. By the time I get it done, I won't be conscious for weeks..." I said, sighing softly. "Oh..." he said.

"Let's just go to the Dining Hall... it's dinner time..." I said. They nod their heads in agreement. Then we make our way there.

I take a seat next to Harry as always. I turn my head to see Draco, he's silent as always. I let out a sigh and look away from him. I know he said I shouldn't care. But I can't... I care for him and there's no way to stop that. I can't control what my heart feels.

"Are you okay?" Harry said. "I'm just tired..." I said, sighing. I turn to look at Harry for a few seconds and lay my head on his shoulder. I can feel him tensing up a little, then he relaxes.

"I hope you don't mind me laying on your shoulder, Harry... I'm just really tired and laying on the table makes my back hurts..." I said. "Of course not..." he said. I smile and take a deep breath. I froze when I smell something. Treacle tarts.

My mind drift back to the love potion. To what I smell from it. Green apple and treacle tarts. Now I smell treacle tart on Harry. What's going on?! Am I attracted to two people. Harry and Draco.

I glance at Draco again to see him looking straight at me. He have a sad look in his eyes. He instantly look away once he notice I'm looking at him. I can see he looks so tense, before he stands up abruptly. I watch as he walks out of the Dining Hall in a rush.

I pull away from Harry and stand up. I follow Draco, making sure he didn't see me. I watch as he heads up to the Astronomy tower. I hide myself as I watch him walks towards the railing.

I can see him gripping onto the railing. I notice how his shoulders shakes violently as he cries. If he hates me... if he's tired of waiting for me. Then why is he acting like he's hurt seeing me with Harry?

"Draco..." I said. He flinched at my voice and turns to me. He wipes away his tears. "What are you doing here?" He said, trying to sound cold. But he sounded broken instead. I let out a sigh at his fail attempt to sound like he didn't care.

"You don't have to hide it from me... I've seen your tears..." I said. He looks away from me and just look forward, placing both of his elbows on the railing as he leans forward.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I was not crying. It was just dust in my eyes. Besides, why do you care? Just go back to your precious Potter" he said.

I walk towards him and stands next to him. He looks at everywhere but me. "I know you're lying... and I know you've been crying. Your voice also cracks as you speak. So tell me... what's wrong with you? Why do you change? What happen to the Draco I know?" I said. "That Draco is long gone. This is me now..." he said. "You're lying again... I know deep down you are still the same Draco..." I said, turning my body to face him.

"You know nothing!! You don't know anything about me. So stop acting like you do... and stop acting like you care!" He yelled at me. I flinch at his voice. I just stare at him. I look at him with a hurt expression.

His eyes soften a little. But it's gone instantly as he looks at me coldly. "I told you to stay away from me. So I expect you to do just that. I mean it... stay away from me" he said. He turns around and walks away, leaving me there.

I let out a sigh and turn to look across the tower. I feel tears streams down my cheeks. I know I care for Draco... just as much as I care for Harry.

I care for them not as friends. I'm attracted to both of them just like how I smell their scents from the Amortentia potion. Why... why is it always getting harder for me? Why can't I just live normally?

*to be continued*