Chapter 44

Previously on Chapter 43

He pulls away and keeps me in his arms. "You have no idea how happy I am right now..." he said. I just wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his chest.

I hope I won't regret this...

-The Yule Ball-

Y/N P.O.V

"Y/N.. wake up!" Someone said, while shaking me awake. I open my eyes to see Hermione. "What?" I said, sleepily. "Come on! We're going to Hogsmeade for dress shopping for the Yule Ball. So wake up will you!" she said, still shaking me. "Okay! Okay! I'm up! Now stop shaking me!" I said. She stops and let out a soft giggle.

I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling, blinking a little. "Wake up!" Hermione yelled. "Okay!!" I yelled back, sitting up. She just grins at me. I let out a sigh and roll my eyes. I make my way to the washroom for my morning routine.

After showering I head back to my bedroom wearing a bathrobe. I change my clothes into a more casual one.

(Pick one or imagine yours

(Pick one or imagine yours. I know many of you hated when writers do this. But keep in mind it's not a final outfit and that you can imagine yourself in any clothes. This is just as a reference for those who don't know what to wear. So be nice! Thank you)

After I'm settled with my outfit. I make my way out of the bedroom and towards the common room. I can see Hermione sitting in the couch, waiting for me.

"Hey..." I said. "Are you done?" She said. "Yupp..." I said. "Good... lets go..." she said, standing up. She walks towards me, looping her arms with mine. She starts pulling me along.

Yule Ball

"What kind of dress do you have in mind, 'Mione?" I asked, as we walk around the village. "Hmm... I'm not sure. I'll just see which one of the dresses would catch my eyes... you?" She said. "Same..." I said. We reach a dress shop and went inside.

"By the way... who's your date, Mione?" I asked as I look through the section of dresses. "Victor Krum" she said. I froze at the mention of his name. She turn to look at me.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked. "N-No..." I said. "Is it because he's your ex?" She said. I turn to look at her. "Well... everyone's been talking about it" she said. I let out a sigh. "Of course... just do me a favor, Hermione..." I said. "Sure... what is it?" She said. "Whatever you do... don't catch feelings with him..." I said. "Why?" She said. "He's not as good as everyone thinks he is..." I said. "What makes you say that?" She said. "Past experience..." I said. She just nods her head.

"What about you, Y/N? Who's your date? I bet it's either Harry or Malfoy" She said. "Neither..." I said. She looks at me wide-eyed. "Wait what? Then who's your date??" She said. "Um... Cedric..." I said. She blinks in surprise and grins at me.

"I was right after all! I told you he fancies you!" She said. I just giggle at her excitement. "Yeah... I guess you're right then..." I said, smiling at her. She smiles back at me. Then we continue to focus on the dresses for Ball.

"Do you think this'll look good on me?" Hermione said, pulling out a dress. "It'll look lovely..." I said. She grins happily. "What about you? Have you found your dress?" She said. "Hmm... no... not yet" I said.

"Can you hold this for me? I'll pick the dress for you" she said. I take her dress and hold it for her. I just stand there, watching as she take a look around.

After a while, she turns to me and grin. "How about this?" She said. My eyes lit up at the dress she holds. "That's lovely, Hermione! Thank you!" I said. I hand her the dress she chose and she hands me the dress.

"Let's go try it on..." she said. I nod my head. Then we make our way to the fitting room area. I put the dress on and look at my reflection. The dress hugs my body really well. I smile to myself. Hermione is so good at picking dresses. This one is perfect.

(I personally like this one

(I personally like this one. You can use it too or choose your own. Just like I said above)

I chance into my normal clothes once again. I walk out of the fitting room and wait for Hermione. She walks out and smiles at me.

"Are you all set?" She said. "Yeah... are you?" I said. She nods her head, smiling at me. We pay for the dresses and head back to Hogwarts.

Yule Ball

Today is the day of the ball. Hermione is helping me with my hair and I help her with hers. We have put on our dresses.

"Wow... Y/N... you're gorgeous. Cedric would be so lucky" Hermione said. "Thank you. You look lovely, 'Mione" I said, smiling at her. "Thanks..." she said, smiling back at me.

Then we walk out of our bedroom and head outside. We make our way to the Great Hall where the Yule Ball is being held. We head inside the Hall.

"Oh wow..." I said, in awe. The place looks magical. But that's to be expected as this is a Magic School.

"There's your date, Y/N

"There's your date, Y/N..." Hermione said. I turn to look at where she's looking to see Cedric walking to me. He have a smile on his face as he makes his way over to me.

"Y/N... you look beautiful..." he said, once he stands in front of me. "Thanks... you look handsome, Ced..." I said. He smiles and lift his hand. I place my hand on top of his. He lift it up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"You do know... the Champions will do the opening dance?" He said. "Wait... really??" I said. He nods his head, smiling at me. He leads me to where the other champions is standing. I make eye contact with Harry. He just stares at me.

Harry P.O.V

Y/N looks so beautiful. I wish I asked her to the Ball. But I don't have the gut. I glance at her date to see she's going with Cedric. At least it's not Malfoy. But still... I can't stand seeing her with another guy. If only I was brave enough, she would stand by my side and not Cedric's.

*to be continued*