Chapter 38

Previously on Chapter 37

The only thing on my mind was the others. Will they be alright? Merlin... please protect my friends. Don't let anything bad happen to them. They all mean so much to me.

-Malfoy Manor-

Y/N P.O.V

"Where are you taking me, Draco?" I said, as he just keep pulling me along. "My house... you'll be safer there..." he said. "Wait... woah woah woah! Hold on! Why your house?? I could just head home to mine in Gatlin" I said. He lets out a sigh and turns to look at me.

"Y/N... please? I just want to spend time with you... don't forget... I brought you to safety..." he said. "I see... so I owe you, huh?" I said. He grins and nods his head. "Alright... fine..." I said, sighing. He grins and pulls me along again.

We meet up with two person. One of which I know as Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy. Which means the woman next to him is Draco's mother. Draco gently pulls me towards them.

"Draco... I see you've brought a friend..." his father said. "Yes, Father..." he said. "Hello, Ms. Duchanne. Looks like we meet again..." he said, turning to look at me. "Hello, sir..." I said, as I look at him with a small smile.

The woman steps forward. "My name is Narcissa... Narcissa Malfoy..." she said, offering a hand to me. "Hello, Mrs. Malfoy..." I said, shaking her hand. She smiles at me. "My son have talked about you a lot... and you look even more lovely in person..." she said. I turn to look at Draco. He looks away from me, I can see the redness on his cheeks.

"Now... lets go home..." Lucius said. "Um... father?" Draco said. "Yes?" He said, turning to look at his son. "Is it okay if Y/N comes with us?" He said. "Of course... any friend of Draco is always welcome in our house... but of course, those who's worthy..." he said.

That just didn't make sense. Any friend he said... but he said those who are worthy. Tch... typical... I still can't believe this guy is Draco's father.

Draco lifts his hand for me to take. I raise my hand and place it on top of his. Then I feel as if I'm being squeezed. I close my eyes at the pressure. The next thing I know, we're inside a house.

"Welcome to my manor, Y/N..." Lucius said. I take a look around the place and turn to look at him again. "This place is lovely, sir... but um... what about the my friends? They are going to be worried about my sudden disappearance..." I said. "Do not worry, my dear... I will inform them..." he said. I just nod my head.

"Draco... why don't you show her the room?" He said as he turns to look at his son. "Wait... you mean I'll be staying the night?" I said. "Yes dear..." he said. I just nod my head, not wanting to seem rude. After all, they did invite me. At least... Draco did. His dad just agreed to let me come and visit. Looks like I will be staying the night here.

"Come, Y/N... I'll show you a room..." Draco said. I just turn around and follow him. He leads me to a room, that is too big for my liking. I preferred to be simple... but this room is anything but simple.

"I hope you enjoy your stay..." Draco said. He turns around and was about to leave. "Draco... wait" I said. "Yes?" He said. "I don't have clothes... I left all my belongings back at the Quidditch game..." I said. "I'll go there... and get it for you..." he said. "Won't it be dangerous? What if those cloaked figures are still around?" I said, looking at him with a worried face. "Oh... you cared for me? How sweet..." he said. "I'm being serious!" I said. "So am I... don't worry... I'll be alright..." he said. Then he apparate there. Did he even know which tent belong to the Weasley's?

I turn around to enter the room. Then Draco appears again. "That was fast" I said. He just chuckles. Then he place my trunk in front of me. I look at my stuff in surprise.

"Draco... how did you know which tent belongs to us?" I said. "I saw you entering a tent when I made my way to mine..." he said. "I see... thanks..." I said. "Anytime... anyway, I hope you have a good rest..." he said, smiling at me. "Goodnight, Draco..." I said. "Goodnight, Y/N..." he said. He turns around and walks away.

I close the door and place my trunk on the bed. I take out my pajamas and get change. Then I let myself fall onto the bed and close my eyes, letting myself drift off into sleep.

Time-skip

I wake up to the sound of knocking. I run my hand through my hair, to get rid of the unpleasant tangles in them. I open the door to reveal Draco.

"It's almost time for breakfast..." he said. I nod my head. "Okay... thanks..." I said. He smiles and walks away. I close the door and start my morning routine before heading towards the dining hall, which I don't even know where. Guess I'll just ask someone I come across with.

I walk out of the room and starts walking. I see a house elf coming towards me. It's obviously not Dobby, as I remember Harry had freed him. Looks like the Malfoy have another elf.

"Wait... um..." I said. She turns to look at me. "Can you show me where the Dining room is?" I said. She nods her head. She turns around and start walking without another word.

"Over there, ms... just walk straight and you'll find a double door... that's where the dining room is..." she said. "Thanks..." I said, smiling at her. She smiles at me, then she walks away.

I walk towards the double door. I take a deep breath and push it open. Just like the elf said... it leads to the dining room. Draco is sitting in one of the seats, while his parents sat across from him.

"Come, my dear..." Narcissa said. I just walk forward and sits next to Draco. He smiles at me and I smile back. "Good morning, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy..." I said. "Morning..." Lucius said. The house elves starts to enter the room, each one holding a tray. They place the trays on the table and leave the room. I wait for them to start eating. Then I eat as well.

"So... Y/N... you're the same age as Draco, yes?" I hear Lucius said. I turn to look at him. "I am, sir... is there something wrong?" I said. "No... of course not. It's just lovely that my son is associated with people like you" he said. I just stay silent, not saying a word to what he said.

I pick up my glass of water to drink. "So... what do you think about marriage, Ms. Duchanne?" Lucius said out of no where, making me choke on the water I'm drinking. I start coughing uncontrollably. Draco panicked and gently pat my back.

"I-I'm sorry... what?" I said. "Marriage..." he said. My eyes widened at what he said. To say I'm shock with his question will be an understatement. I'm very perplexed.

"I uhh... um, what makes you ask about that, sir?" I asked, still not believing he would actually asked something like that. "Well... I think you'd know, as you seem like a bright and intelligent girl..." he said. I glance at Draco to see him avoiding eye contact with me.

"Are you trying to ask me if I want to marry Draco?" I said. He nods his head, seeming satisfied that I know what he meant. "Um... Draco's a great person. Yes... but... I have so many to worry about before I could think about settling down in such tie. I'm sure we all know that marriage isn't a simple thing. I'm sure you'd know as you're married, sir... so to answer your question. No... I'm not ready to get married... at least... not in a short period of time..." I said, literally in one breath. I can see Draco looking down. I can see disappointment in his eyes.

"I see... well then... we could always starts with an engagement..." he said. I blink in surprise. Now he talks about engagement. What am I suppose to say on this one now??

I look down as my hand starts to shake a little. I have no idea what to answer. I don't wanna hurt Draco's feelings. But... I'm not sure what I felt about him... or anyone.

"Silence is agreeing... that means starting today... the two of you are engaged..." he said, smiling brightly. I just stay speechless.

What should I do??

*to be continued*