Chapter 99

Previously on Chapter 98

"Draco..." I said, in a hush tone. He looks at me in the eyes. I can see the longing and sadness in them. If it hurts you too... why did you leave?

-My True Purpose-

Y/N P.O.V

I look around as the Death-eaters surrounds us. I'm standing right behind the Hermione and Ron. The others students are hear as well.

"Well well well... looks like you're finally here Potter. You have to got to have a death wish for coming into your enemies territories..." one of them said. Neither of the four of us said anything.

Suddenly the rooms starts to get darker and a sound of laughter can be heard. I recognize that voice very well. It's the same voice I've been hearing as I'm being tortured back in Malfoy's Manor. Voldemort.

"Hand Potter over to me... and I'll set you free. No one will be harmed... choose wisely" Voldemort said. Then the room brightens again.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" I hear someone said. I turn my head to see Parkinson. I glare at her. Ginny is the first to walk forward and stands in front of Harry. Hermione and Ron follows in suit.

"Don't listen to him! Harry is our only hope. He's the only one that can defeat the Dark Lord!!" Hermione said. I clench my hands into a tight fist. Why... even after all the pain I've been through... I just can't stop myself from caring for them.

"You dare to fight against us? Do you realize where you're standing?" One of them said. I walk forward and stand in front of them. They instantly shuts up when they notices me.

"You wanna get Harry? You have to go through me" I said. They back away, I can see fear flashing in their eyes. None of them attempt anything.

"Oh please... why are you afraid of her?" One of them said. He walks forward and points his wand at me. I smirk to myself. He cast a spell on me, but a shield appear around me.

I lower my hand and watch as the triumph look on his face disappear

"Oh... what's wrong, hmmm? Where is that stupid confident of yours? Just a second ago, you look like you're ready to demolish me..." I said, still smirking at him. "W-What a-are you?" He said, stuttering. His eyes is wide as he looks at me. I can see him visibly shaking from fear. "What am I?" I said. I burst out laughing.

I stop laughing and look at him dead in the eyes with the most coldest glare I could muster. "Your worst nightmare..." I said. Both of my eyes starts to glow. I outstretch my hands as energy starts to flow around me.

They starts to back away. "I am Y/N Duchanne... the reincarnation of Merlin. I suggest you leave if you value your life's..." I said. This instantly scares them as one by one they start to apparate away.

The students starts to cheer happily. I take a deep breath, letting my magic fade. I feel myself getting pulled into a hug. I let my arms stay on my side, not hugging him back.

"Thank you..." he said. I gently push him away. "I did this not for you, Harry. We should prepare for the upcoming battle. I'm sure they are bound to start attacking us again..." I said. I turn around and walks away.

Harry P.O.V

She's so cold now. But I can't blame her. After all the betrayal she's been through. It will make her lose all the trust. What can I do to bring the Y/N I know back?

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I lean my head against the tree. The tree I've always been hanging around when Cedric was still alive. I lift my hand as I let my magic flow around me. The wind flows gently as my hair starts to move in sync with the wind.

"Cedric... it's been over a year after you're gone. But sometimes I can still hear your voice when the wind blows. I always talked to the shadows, hoping that you can still hear me. You were my first love. You're the first person that taught me how to love again. It has been so tough after I lost you" I said, talking in a soft voice to the wind around me.

I let out a sigh and sit straighter. The battle will be starting. Voldemort's death-eater army will bound to attack any seconds now.

Cedric loves Hogwarts. This place is like his second home. My mind drift off to Professor Dumbledore. My mind drift off to his wise words. How he taught me... that no matter how hard life will be. There will bound to be someone, that will help us heal our pain.

I have to fight for them. This is what I'm meant to do. Protecting Hogwarts... protecting all the precious memories I've made with the people who taught me that I was never alone. I will protect it... even if that means I'll have to put my life on the line.

I will my magic to flow out of me. It slowly starts to form a huge dome of protective shield surrounding Hogwarts.

I stand up and stare at the sky

I stand up and stare at the sky. This shield won't be enough. I have a feeling that Voldemort will have something with him. Something that will be stronger than what he had before. But this shield will do in the mean time while we prepare ourselves.

"Did you do it?" Someone said. I turn my head to see Harry. I just nod my head, without saying a word to him. He turns his head to look up at the protective shield that have covered Hogwarts.

"I still have no idea how strong you are..." he said, as he turns to look at me again. I just smile at him. He walks towards me and stands in front of me.

"I won't hurt you... you have to trust me on that, Y/N..." he said. "Keep it... we have a battle to focus on" I said. He lets out a sigh and nods his head. He pulls me into a hug.

I just stand there, not knowing what to do. But in the end, I just wrap my arms around him. Accepting his embrace. He tightens his arms around me. I lean my head against his shoulder in return.

I look over his shoulder to see Hermione and Ron. They smile at me, making me smile softly. They walk forward and joins the hug, giving me a group hug. I close my eyes, letting myself relax in their warm hug.

I may have Darkness inside me. But I know for sure that doesn't define who I am. THIS is who I am. This is my true purpose... to protect what matters and I'll fight for the great of good to the very end.

*to be continued*