Chapter 68

Previously on Chapter 67

"We've gotta do something... we can't leave her like that. We've gotta help her..." I said. They nod their heads in agreement. "But what can we do... we don't know what kind of spell she's using. She could be using her true magic..." Harry said. We all know that Y/N is stronger when she use her true magic. If that is what she use to wipe Cedric's memories... then it will be impossible for us to help recovering Cedric's memories for her and that means, it'll be hard for us to help Y/N.

-New DA Member-

Y/N P.O.V

Today is another session of DA practice. Tonight, we'll gather in the Room of Requirements for our practice session. I'm really proud of Harry. He make a really good Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Way better than that Professor Umbridge.

The only thing that excites me in each Wednesday night is the DA practice. It's the only thing that make me smile throughout the day. The practice is so exciting. Harry really knows what he was doing.

Right now it's lunch time. I'm sitting in between Harry and Hermione, while Ron sits next to Harry. I'm eating my meal in silence. We all agree to not talk about anything related to DA club when there are other students around, as we don't want to risk getting caught.

After lunch, we make our way out of the dining hall. I make sure no one is around and turn to look at Harry. "What are you planning on teaching us this time, Harry?" I asked. "I'm still not sure about that. I guess we'll see later..." he said, smiling at me. I just hum in respond.

"Harry!" I hear someone called out for Harry. I turn around to see Cho Chang. What did she want? She's also a member of DA club. But she's also the girl that is dating Cedric.

"Yes, Cho?" Harry said. "Um... there's someone who wishes to join the club as well. Is it okay for him to join?" She said. "Is he trustable?" Hermione said. I just cross my arms as I look at her. I know I should not be acting this way... especially since it isn't her fault. I chose this way... so Cedric could still be alive while I'm free from the stupid curse.

"Of course..." she said. "Then you can take him to our practice tonight" Harry said, smiling at her. She grins and nods her head. "Thank you, Harry... we'll see you tonight" she said. "And don't get caught..." Hermione said, in a warning tone. She nods her head and turns around to leave.

"I wonder who the person is..." Ron said. I shrug my shoulders. "Guess we'll just see later..." I said. They nod their heads in agreement. Then we head towards our next class.

Time-skip

We quietly walk down the hallway, making our way towards the Room of Requirements. We make sure to not get caught by Mr. Filch or his cat. That's the last thing we want... because if we get caught by him, we'll go straight to Professor Umbridge.

After a while, we finally made it there. We stand in front of the wall. The door appear in front of us. We quickly head inside before someone sees us. Inside the room, most of the DA members is already there.

"Harry" I hear someone said. Harry turns around as do the rest of us. Cho is standing there. "Where's the person who wish to join?" Harry asked. She smiles and moves aside to reveal the person. I froze when I see who it is. Cedric Diggory.

"Cedric?" Harry said. He smiles at him. "Harry... it's an honor to be here..." he said. Hermione glance at me as I keep my head down. Why... why him? I tried my best to keep my distance. Why did he came here?

I bit my lips as I try to hold myself from crying. I don't want to grow suspicion. Especially since he knew nothing about me now. I feel Hermione slip her hand in mine in a comforting manner.

"It's okay..." she said, whispering softly. I just nod my head without saying a word. I'm worried that if I say something, I would break down right then and there. I miss Cedric so much... now I'm seeing him here in front of me with his new girlfriend. It hurts more than anything.

"Alright... welcome to the club, Cedric. Come on... let's see what you can do. Stand in line everyone" Harry said. We follow his instruction and stand in line.

"Now face your opponent" he said. We turn to face each other. I froze once again when I realize I'm facing Cedric. He smiles at me. "Hello..." he said. "Hi..." I said, in a hush tone while avoiding his gaze.

"Wands at the ready... on the count of three... you'll try to disarm your opponent" Harry said. We raise our wand. "One... two... three!" Harry said. I bit my lips, as I can't form the words.

"Expelliarmus!" Cedric said. I got sent backwards. I land on the ground with a loud thud, knocking the air out of me. I groan in pain. "Oh Merlin..." he said, running towards me.

"Are you okay?" He said. I look up at him, meeting his eyes for the first time in months. He still have that gentle look in them, even though he don't know who I am.

"Hello?" He said, waving his hand in front of my face softly. I snap out of it and stand up. "I'm... f-fine..." I said. "Are you sure?" He said. "Yeah..." I said. Harry walks towards me. "I'll handle this, Ced... you can go and duel with the others..." he said. Cedric nods his head. Then he walks off.

Harry turns to look at me. "Come on..." he said. He grabs my hand and gently pull me to the corner of the room, which is away from the others. As soon as we are out of earshot, I burst into tears.

Harry pulls me in his arms. I wrap my arms around his torso tightly, as I continue to cry even more. "It's okay... just let it out" he whispered. He gently runs his hand through my hair, whispering comforting in my ear. I bury my face into the crook of his neck. He doesn't seem to mind that I got his shirt wet with my tears.

"I-It hurts... s-seeing him here w-with her..." I said. "I understand... it's okay..." he said, in a soft voice. I let out a sob as I keep crying softly for who knows how long.

Cedric P.O.V

When my eyes met hers. I can feel that familiar feels again. It's like I've known her longer than just a brief meet or exchange glances. But deep down inside my heart... I feel like I know her more than that. Why do I feel like this? The more I feel this way... the more I feel nothing towards Cho.

I think I have to end our relationship. I don't want to lead her on. I don't wanna play around with her. It would be so cruel for me to do something like that. Just why am I feeling this way for her?

Who are you, Y/N?

*to be continued*