Chapter 49

Previously on Chapter 48

I keep reading the letter and smile to myself. Now I know what I'm going to do. I can just hope that it will work, and Cedric will be alright. I can't lose him. He means so much to me.

-The Third Task: Maze-

Y/N P.O.V

Today is the day of the final task. I'm standing next to Cedric. He have an arm around my shoulder and mine around his torso. I hold onto him for dear life, too scared to let him go.

It's just like in my nightmare... they were in the maze before they ended up in a tomb. It scares me more... I have this feeling in my gut that the nightmare will come true.

His father hugs him, wishing him luck. He turns to look at me again and smile. I smile and walk up to him. I stand on my toes and clasp a necklace around his neck.

"What is this?" He said, looking at the necklace in confusion

"What is this?" He said, looking at the necklace in confusion. "Good luck charm..." I said. He smiles at me and place a soft kiss on my forehead, letting his lips linger on my skin. I close my eyes, letting myself embrace the feeling of his lips.

"Thank you, Y/N... I love you..." he said. "I love you too, Cedric... good luck out there..." I said. He nods his head. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I know we have an audience, but I don't care.

He pulls away and smiles at me. He turns around to join the other Champions. He turns to me and smile one last time. Then the cannon fires off. The four of them instantly runs inside the maze.

I turn around and head towards the audience bench. I take a seat next to Hermione, who turns to me with a smile. "He's going to be alright, Y/N... don't worry" she said. I just smile at her.

The necklace I gave Cedric isn't a good luck charm. It is a protection charm. It'll form a shield around him if the necklace feels like he's in danger.

Flashback

I went to Hogsmeade and look for a necklace. It did not take that long for me to find it. Then I search for some ingredients I'll be needing to make the charm.

After I made sure I have everything. I head back to Hogwarts and head straight to my room. I dump all the things I've bought onto my study desk and start working.

Once I feel the vial of the necklace with the dust. I hold it in my hand. I lift my hand and take off my eyepatch, to release my real power.

Craft the spell in the fire.
Craft it well, weave it higher.
Weave it now of shining flame,
None shall come to hurt or maim.
None shall past this fiery wall,
None shall past, no none at all.

I repeat it three times. I can see my hand giving off a soft f/c glow.

Once the light dies down, the necklace still glows softly until it slowly dimmed. I smile softly to myself. The spell so complete. The protection charm that might save Cedric life is ready.

End of Flashback

My mind drift off to the letter Uncle Macon gave me. He warned me about the prize. The magic I'm using isn't a dark magic. But it still requires a prize.

I don't know what will happen. But as long as Cedric is alright... that's all I want. I just don't want him to get hurt, or worse... die. I hope the charm works. I hope he's going to be okay.

Cedric please be okay

Time-skip

They've been in the maze for quite some time. Victor and Fleur have came out as they are forced to quit. So the winner will either be Harry or Cedric. I grew worry when I saw something shot up in the sky. It's periculum! Something is wrong.

Then suddenly someone appear in front of us. It's Harry. Everyone burst into cheers. I just stand up from my spot and look at them. Harry is hugging a body.

The crowd soon notice and gasps of shock can be heard from them. I leave the bench and run towards them. I kneel next to Cedric.

"What happened??" I asked Harry. "He's back!! He's back! Voldemort is back! Cedric asked me to bring his body back! I can't leave him... not there..." he cried out.

I turn my head to look at Cedric. I can feel tears in my eyes and some starts to stream down my cheeks. It didn't work... the protection charm didn't work. I choke out a sob as I place my head on his chest.

"Cedric... please... y-you promised y-you won't l-leave me. You can't break it... you taught me how to trust again... if you leave me, I don't know what I'd do..." I cried out, holding onto him.

"That's my son! That's my boy!! Noooo!!!!" Amos yelled, kneeling down as well. He cried loudly, not believing the fact that his son is gone. I refuse to believe as well.

I made sure to create the charm correctly. It should be working... Cedric should be okay! He should be alive! So why isn't it working?! Oh Cedric, I'm sorry I'm not strong enough.

Suddenly, Cedric take a sharp inhale. I move back a little and stare at him wide-eyed. He sits up and look around. I can see the look of shock and disbelief in everyone's eyes.

"Cedric?" I said. "Y/N..." he said. I let out a sigh of relief and pulls him into a tight hug. He hugs me back tightly. The charm actually works! Cedric is going to be okay!

"Thank you... it's not a good luck charm, isn't it?" He whispered. I pull away from him. "Sorry... I'm just scared that you wouldn't wear it if I told you what the charm actually is..." I said, looking at him with a guilty face... since I've basically lied to him. He just chuckled and cup my cheek with one of his hand.

"Don't worry about it... you saved my life... thank you so much for that" he said. I nod my head and hugs him again. "I'm so happy you're okay, Ced..." I said, in a happy voice. "And it's all thanks to you, Y/N... I owe you my life..." he said. I just smile, feeling happy that my boyfriend is okay.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you so much, Y/N... you've saved my son..." Amos said. I smile at him. "I don't want to lose him either. So I do what I had to do..." I said. He smiles and hugs me. So far... nothing happens. What kind of prize should I pay for this?

I turn to look at Harry as he clutch his arm. I rush to him. "Oh Merlin! why didn't I see this in my dream? If I had known... I would have made a charm for you too" I said. He still looks shaken up. Apparently the man in my dream was Voldemort. He have returned once again.

Professor Moody came towards us and escort Harry. I don't know why... but I don't trust him. He acts differently. I feel like he's not the real Professor Moody. Someone is posing as him. But who would that be?

*to be continued*

A/N: yea... that happened. It's my story so... I will write it the way I want it. Hope you don't mind. Don't worry... it's still Draco Malfoy X Reader X Harry Potter. I won't turn it into a Cedric X Reader. Well... a few part is. But stay tune and see what'll happen to Y/N and Cedric.

What kind of prize do you think Y/N would pay? Stay tune for that too! See ya~