Chapter 74

Previously on Chapter 73

Before Lena turns half dark, she was just like me. All she wanted was to be normal. But Ethan taught her how to accept herself... and gradually she grow to love herself. Would I be able to do the same?

-It's Not The Same Without You-

Y/N P.O.V

What happened back then spread out like a wildfire. A lot of things happened after that. The words that the Dark Lord has returned have reached all over the magic world. Professor Umbridge got suspended. The most important of all... Professor Dumbledore got his position as the headmaster of school back.

Rumors that I'm the Prime Merlin also spreads. Now I can't even walk in peace, as they all always comes and surrounds me. It's getting so overwhelming. But I'm thankful for the trio and Draco. They always stay by my side and tried their best to keep them at bay. I don't know what I would've done without them.

From time to time, I would just sit in silence. I would be deep in thought, thinking about Cedric and how I hate myself for not able to protect him. If only I can just be stronger... he would have still be here.

I... love you, Y/N his voice echoed in my head once again. The last words he uttered for me... as he took his last breath. He remembers me. He remembers us and our love. It was probably the hardest time in my life... watching the man I love died in front of me. So to say that I'm upset about his death would be an understatement... I'm devastated.

But not as much as his father, Amos. He was the most torn when he found out his son was gone. Thankfully, he didn't blame me for Cedric's death. He knew how much I love his son.

I'm currently sitting by the window. The Professors  have been tolerating me after what had happened. They knew how much it pains me. So they let me off the hook. But even so... I still tried my best to keep up with the lessons.

I stare out at the window, watching as the rain hits the window softly. The sky reflects my feelings. Sad and gloomy. It was as if the sky was crying with me because it knows what I'm feeling right now.

"I miss you, Ced. I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to protect you... I love you... so much. I wish you're still here" I said, a tear escapes my eyes. Some might say that it's no use to cry. As nothing that had happened can be fix. But little did they know, that crying is a way... the eyes speaks, when the mouth can't explain how broken our hearts is.

"Y/N" I hear someone calls out my name. I turn my head to see Hermione standing at the doorway of my room. She have a sad expression. One look at her makes me burst into more tears.

She speeds walks towards me and wraps her arms around my shaking form. I wrap my arms around her as I start to cry more. She caress my hair softly, trying her best to comfort me.

"The boys are worried about you... you haven't leave your room for days" she said. I didn't say anything to what she said. I just keep sobbing softly. "Come out, Y/N... you can't keep acting like this. Cedric wouldn't want you to be like this" she added. "It's just hurts. I c-can't p-p-protect him" I cried out. "He won't blame you. So you shouldn't blame yourself..." she said in a soft voice, as if she's talking to a baby.

She pulls away and both of her her hands on my shoulders. "He died a hero for protecting you. He loves you so much, Y/N. So you should try to move on for him..." she said. I just look down at what she said. I know she's right. Cedric wouldn't want to see me like this.

"Come out... please? The boys wishes to see you..." she said. I just nod my head. She smiles and gently grab my hand. I stand up and walk with her out of my room. I just keep silent as I let her lead the way.

We enter the living room. The boys are sitting on the couches. They look to be deep in thought. I stop for a moment. Hermione turns to look at me. She give my hand a light squeeze, as if telling me it's okay. That the boys won't be angry because I've been shutting them out after Cedric's death.

She gently pulls me. After seeing that I've take a step forward, she continue to lead me towards the living room. She clears her throat to gain their attention. They snap out of their thoughts and turns to look at me.

"Y/N!!" Harry said. He stands up and runs towards me, engulfing me in a tight hug. "Harry..." I said, in a hush tone as I wrap my arms around his torso. Ron smiles as he gets up, walking towards me. "It's good to see you've finally leave your room..." he said. I just smile weakly at him.

Harry pulls away from the hug, allowing Ron to hug me. Hermione and Harry walks forward. They hugs me too, engulfing me in a group hug. I just close my eyes and let myself sink deeper into their hug.

Time-skip

After a few days, I finally leave Gryffindor house. I'm walking with the trio to the Dining Hall. I'm walking in silence, between Harry and Hermione.

Ron push the door open and lets me in. As soon as I stepped inside the room, every heads turns to look at me. I just keep my head down so I don't make eye-contact with them.

"Y/N..." I hear someone said. Then I feel myself being pulled into an embrace. The strong scent of cologne and apple hits my nostrils, letting me know who this person is.

"Hey, Draco..." I said, wrapping my arms around his torso softly. "Are you feeling okay, now?" He said. I pull away and looks up at him. "I'm okay..." I said, in a soft voice. He smiles and looks relieved. "You had me so worried..." he said. "Sorry..." I said. He shakes his head.

"Don't be sorry, Y/N... you're in a state of grieving" he said. I just smile at him. He smiles back and gently pat my shoulders.

"Will you sit with me?" He said. I turn to the trio to see them nodding their heads. "Okay..." I said. He smiles at me. I wave at the trio and follow Draco to the Slytherin table. I sit next to him and drink some pumpkin juice. Then I grab some f/f and starts to eat slowly.

I take a glance at the Hufflepuff table. I look at the friends of Cedric's. They're eating in silence, they don't look excited like they always do. I stare at the empty spot where Cedric usually sat in. For a few seconds, I can see a silhouette of him.

 For a few seconds, I can see a silhouette of him

He turn to look at me. "I love you, Y/N... so much" he said, smiling happily at me.

"Cedric..." I said, in a soft tone. I feel my eye tearing up, as the other is still covered in my eyepatch. I look down at my food.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Draco. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah..." I said. He lets out a sigh and gently pulls me closer to his side. I lean my head on his shoulder as he caress my hair.

"Y/N, you're feeling upset or if you need someone to be there for you. I'm right here, okay? I'll always be here. You don't have to deal with the pain alone..." he said. "Thank you, Draco..." I said. "Anything for you..." he said, in a soft voice. I turn my head to the spot where I see Cedric. He's not there anymore. I smile to myself.

For Cedric... I'll try to move on

*to be continued*