Chapter 80

Previously on Chapter 79

I care for them not as friends. I'm attracted to both of them just like how I smell their scents from the Amortentia potion. Why... why is it always getting harder for me? Why can't I just live normally?

-Draco's Tears-

Y/N P.O.V

I've been seeing Draco sneaking around. He's been acting weird and restless. The dark circle under his eyes is becoming more noticeable. It's quite obvious that he haven't been sleeping.

I'm sitting in class, barely paying any attention to the Professor. Which I should have paid more attention, because it's Professor Snape. He never tolerate any students. I am no exception.

"Ms. Duchanne... it has come to my attention that you are not paying attention..." he said, standing in front of my table. "S-Sorry... Professor. I uhh... not feeling well... I can't sleep last night" I said. "Hmm... very well. Someone please escort Ms. Duchanne to the Hospital Wings" he said. Wait... what?

"I'll escort her..." Harry said, standing up. Professor Snape just nods his head. I stand up as well and walk with him out of the class.

"Okay... what's the real reason?" He said, once we're out of earshot. "I really can't sleep..." I said, which is not a lie. So many is bothering my mind. The tattoo on my wrist. Draco... and my unexplainable feelings.

"Why?" He said. "I don't know... I just can't..." I said, sighing softly. He just hums and keeps walking me to the hospital wings. "Maybe Madam Pomfrey can give you a sleeping pill or some sort..." he said. I just nod my head.

After a while, we reach the Hospital Wings. Harry push the door open and moves aside to let me get inside. I walk inside the Hospital Wings. Madam Pomfrey turns to look at us.

"What happen?" She said. "She can't sleep, Madam. So she can't focus on lessons. Professor Snape told her to come here..." Harry said, gesturing towards me. "I see... come, sweetie. Lay down..." she said. I do as told and lay down.

"Here... drink this. It'll help you fall asleep" she said, handing me a small vial. I sit up, taking the vial from her. I drink it and lay back down. She smiles and pat my head softly.

She turns to Harry. "It's best if you head back to your class, Mr. Potter..." she said. "Okay... but she's going to be alright, right?" He said. "Of course. I can assure you that she's in a good hand..." she said. Harry nod his head and turns look at me.

"I'll visit you after the class is over, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. I start to feel sleepy as the potion starts working. My visible eye flutter so I slowly close it. The last thing I can feel is a gentle pressure on my forehead. Then I drifted off to sleep.

Time-skip

When I wake up, it's slightly dark outside. 'Wow... I slept that long?' I thought to myself. Harry didn't come like he said he would. He probably have to do something.

I get up and walk out of the Hospital Wings. I feel a lot better because of the sleep. I walk down the hall to the Gryffindor house. I've been staying the past week at Slytherin, so now time to stay in Gryffindor house.

I turn around the corner. I stop walking when I see Draco. He's walking towards the direction of the Room of Requirements. I furrow my eyebrow. What could he possibly be doing there. I decide to follow him, trying my best to be quiet. So he didn't notice me.

I watch as he stands in front of the wall. The door slowly appears in front of him. He walks inside. I lift my hand to leave a gap, so it didn't close completely.

I run forward and take a peek inside. He's walking, so he didn't notice the door haven't closed. I quietly walk inside, closing the door behind me slowly to not make any sounds.

I hide behind all the stuff. Draco walks towards what seems to be a cabinet. I watch as he take out a pigeon from a small carrier. I furrow my eyebrow as I watch him carefully. He pick up a feather that's stuck in his sleeve. He lets it drift away. I hide in case he turns my way. I slowly peek again. He have his attention on the cabinet.

He place the bird inside it, and proceed to close the door. He take out his wand and mutter a spell. What is he doing? I can hear him muttering a spell. But I was too far to hear what spell he's using.

He opens the cabinet. I can see the bird is now dead. Draco looks down as his shoulders starts to shake. I can hear his sobs, as he cries softly. I take a step, but stop myself, realizing he didn't know I was there. I shake my head and turn around. I accidentally knock down a broom, causing a loud sound.

"Who's there?!" Draco said, turning around. I turn to look at him, knowing it's no use to hide. I can see his eyes widening when he notices me.

"What are you doing here, Y/N?" He said. I let out a soft sigh and walks closer to him. "I'm worried about you, Draco. I saw you walking here... I want to know what happened to you..." I said. "Don't act like you care for me..." he said, looking away. "I do care for you..." I said, taking a few steps closer to him. He takes a step back as if he don't want me to be closer to him, so I stop to give him some space.

"Not the way I wanted" he said, in a hush tone as if he's only saying it to himself. "What do you mean?" I said. "Forget it..." he said. "I can't! Okay... I can't! I'm worried about you because I care about you, Draco... and I can't stop it!" I said, raising my voice a little. He flinched and turns his body away from me.

"You know I can read your mind... by using it, I can find out even your darkest secret..." I said. I can see his shoulder tensing up slightly. He turns to look at me. I can see the fear in his eyes.

"But I don't want to find out that way, Draco... I'd much rather if you trust me. If you tell me yourself. Tell me... what's bothering you? I can help you..." I said. "You can't..." he said, his voice sounded broken and pained.

"You always told me... no matter the situation, you'd always be there for me when I need someone to talk to. So let me do the same for you, Draco... just trust me..." I said. He turns his head to look at me. I can see the tears slowly pooling up in his eyes. He slowly broke down in front of me.

I walk towards him. I slowly wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his around my torso, holding onto me tightly. His sobs gradually becomes louder. He sounded so broken right now and it makes my heart ache painfully.

This was not the same, cocky and confident boy I know. No... this is a broken and damaged boy. His whole body shakes violently as he lets out all of his pain. I can tell how much he's trying to hold it in. But even the coldest and seemingly bad boy also have a heart. A heart that is soft and tender.

He continue to hold onto me as if his life depends on me. I close my eyes as I gently caress his hair. I can feel his body relaxing as he keeps crying softly. Just what happened to the Draco I know? He's changed... he's so different now.

*to be continued*