Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

Harry looks at us in confusion. But I smile to myself knowing who it is. I'm going to have to thank him later. Maybe he's not as bad as I thought he's going to be.

-You're Not So Bad After All-

Y/N P.O.V

My head healed after taking the fire-flower potion. But I need to walk around on a crutches, because of a broken leg. I'll be moving to Slytherin because the problem was solved.

I'm currently sitting on the hospital bed. I'm better, but Madam Pomfrey thinks it's necessary for me to stay for a few days, just to make sure I'll be fine. I'm reading a book about muggles Hermione have left for me.

The door opens and I turn my head. I let out a sigh and start reading again. He walks up to me and take a seat on the chair. "Hey..." he said. I turn to look at him.

"Hey..." I said. "How's your foot?" He said, glancing at the cast foot. "It's alright..." I said. He hums and turns his head, noticing the book in my hand. "I see you're reading a muggle book..." he said. I look at him in surprise. He didn't say anything bad.

"Well... yeah. Hermione gave it to me, so I won't feel bored..." I said. "I see..." he said. He stays silent after that. My mind then drift off to the voice I've heard when I was still unconscious.

"Thanks for the clue..." I said. "What?" He said. "The clue... you know, the Basilisk note ripped out paper" I said. "What makes you think it was me?" He said. I roll my eyes at his question.

"It can't be Hermione or me... we both love books too much to tear a page from it. Can't be Ron and Harry either because they don't read much. Plus, I heard someone say they're sorry for being a jerk when I was unconscious as I feel something is placed on my hand. The person that's being a jerk was none other than you. You really can't lie to me... you're such a bad liar, Malfoy" I said. He rolls his eyes and sigh.

"I'm not a bad liar. You're just very observant..." he said. "I take that as a compliment, thank you..." I said. The side of his mouth quirk up into a lazy smirk.

"You know... you're not so bad when you're not being a jerk... thanks for the help..." I said, smiling at him. He looks at me in surprise. "You really think so?" He said. I nod my head.

"Does that mean it's okay for me to be your friend now?" He said. "Sure..." I said. His eyes lit up and he smiles at me. "That's the first time I see a genuine smile on your face, Draco..." I said. He rolls his eyes at me, making me giggle softly. He scoff but ended up laughing with me.

Time-skip

Hermione is currently helping me pack my stuff because I can't move much since my foot are still in cast. "Sorry that you have to pack my stuff for me, Hermione... I hope I'm not troubling you much..." I said.

"Oh, please... what are you even talking about, Y/N. We're friends! Besides... you wouldn't get hurt if it weren't for me... I'm sorry about that..." she said. I shake my head. "Just like you said, we're friends. So of course I'd protect you..." I said. "And I will be sure to repay you next time, Y/N..." she said, smiling at me.

"Alright... all done... how are you planning to carry all of this?" She said. "Oh that wouldn't be a problem at all..." I said. I take out my wand and point it at my stuff.

"Locomoeo!" I said, my stuff instantly disappear. I can see Hermione's eyes widened. "What did you just do??" She said, looking at me wide-eyed. "Oh, relax... I just make it disappear temporarily. All I need to do is use the same spell in my room at Slytherin and they will re-appear" I said. "Oh that's so cool and very convinient!" She said, grinning at me. "Thank you! My mom taught me that spell..." I said.

I grab my crutch and slowly move to stand up. "All good?" She said. I give her an okay sign. Then we walk out of the bedroom. She help me walk out of the Gryffindor house. Harry and Ron walking close behind us.

"Okay... now how do I head to Slytherin house with this leg... you guys can't go there because you're not in Slytherin..." I said, sighing softly to myself. They just look at each other, not knowing how to help me either.

"That shouldn't be a problem..." someone said. I turn my head to see Malfoy. He walks towards us, with his two goons behind him. He stops walking as he stands in front of us.

I raise my eyebrow at him. He grabs my crutch and pull it out of my hand. I stumble a little and he catch me. "Are you out of your mind?? Are you trying to get me injured or what?" I said. "Oh hush..." he said. He hands my crutch over to Crabbe. Then he get me on his back.

"What are you doing?" I asked, holding onto both of his shoulders. "Giving you a ride on my back... what else?" He said. "Oh..." I said. I turn to look at the trio to see them looking at us in confusion.

"Why are you three looking at me like that?" I said. "Since when are you two friends?" Harry said. "Since this morning..." I said. "Are you sure you wanna be friends with a Malfoy?" Hermione said. "Oh shut up, you f-" I quickly hit him in the back of his head to cut him off.

"Be nice, will you? I just complimented you that you can be nice. Don't ruin it!" I said. "Right... sorry, Y/N. Anyway... Granger, why does it matter if Y/N is friends with me?" he said. The trio looks shocked because Draco didn't insult them like he normally would.

"Tch... we are in no place to stop Y/N from making friends. She can be friends with whoever she wants. But do be careful, Y/N..." Ron said. "Ay yay, captain" I said, rolling my eyes. "And keep in mind. This one applies to you, Malfoy. Just because you are friends with Y/N, doesn't mean we'll have to tolerate you..." Harry said. "I wouldn't expect less..." Draco said, rolling his eyes. I let out a sigh, knowing they won't get along no matter what happens.

"Anyway... I'm tired. See ya~" I said. They smile at me. I grin and turn to Draco. "Okay, now pip pip and tallyho my good fellow! On we go, Draco!!" I said, as I lightly shake Draco.

"Oi! I'm not a horse! Cut it out!" He said. I just laugh and ruffle his hair. "Okay... lets go, my dear friend..." I said. He blush and starts walking. I wave at the trio one last time, then wrap my arms around Draco.

We enter the Slytherin house. Draco place me back on my feet, but still keep his arm close in case I'd stumble. Crabbe walks towards me, giving me back my crutches.

"Thanks for carrying me here, Draco..." I said. "Don't mind it..." he said, smiling at me. I smile back at him and turn around, making my way over to my room. I enter my room and take out my wand. I use the spell and make my stuff appear.

"Accio pajamas" I said. A pair of pajamas shot out and I change my clothes. Then I lay on my bed and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*