Chapter 2

Ben and Miranda looked at each other, and when they couldn't bear the emotion they screamed with joy and hugged each other, it was a great case and a great opportunity for both of them. Ben had his arms around Miranda's back and she around his neck, but realizing they were hugging, they slowly separated, they looked into each other's eyes inches from their faces, Ben all he wanted was to kiss her and Needless to say, Miranda wanted the same thing, but then they broke up.
-Sorry, excitement washed over me- Ben said, smiling nervously.
-Okay- Miranda said to reassure him. They looked at each other and Miranda stopped, breaking the silence.

-I have free time, so we will study the case further and see how not to kill that woman- Miranda said seriously and Ben laughed.
-Did you ask me if I have free time?- Ben said smiling and raising an eyebrow.
-If I was interested, I would have asked you, don't you think?- Miranda said, Ben laughed, they went to the investigation room and sat at the table, Ben came out and brought the two of them coffee.
-Here, I brought sugar because I don't know how you like it- Ben said with a kind smile.
-Thank you- said Miranda, still not giving him the smile that Ben wanted, Ben nodded and sat at the table, facing Miranda, they analyzed the case exchanging a few words, Ben spent more time looking at Miranda than at the information in the case .

"The information is on the table," Miranda said, surprising Ben.
"What?" Ben said nervously.
"The information is on the table and not on my face, you don't have to look at me," Miranda said without looking away from her file and Ben laughed at how direct it was. Miranda, hearing him laugh, looked him in the eye, without changing her face.

-You can't be nice, can you? I just admire how beautiful you are- said Ben smiling, Miranda raised an eyebrow and barely smiled.
-I'll work with you, hopefully very short time, you'll have to get used to it- Miranda said sarcastically and Ben laughed again. They were both studying the case and exchanging ideas. Miranda brought a blackboard and put it in front of the table, both of them writing down everything important.

-Okay, we know this woman is 32 years old, she's anemic and hypertensive, I'd say she's in poor health...- Miranda said, noting on the board and then looking at the file, making Ben laugh.
-We know from these photos that, in all this, the healthy skin of the abdomen is almost completely missing ...- Miranda said, pointing to the drawing she made on the board.
-...And I honestly have no idea what to do-Miranda finished and they both laughed, looking at each other.
-I think we can take a break and continue later- Ben said getting up from his chair.
-Sure, I have to go anyway- Miranda said, seeing that Ben was still looking at her, but decided to ignore him.
-See you later dr. Warren- Miranda said and before Ben could greet her she left.

Later in the cafeteria:

Miranda went to dinner with her other colleagues in the cafeteria, since they were all on duty and Ben arrived.
-Dr. Bailey- Ben said and everyone looked at him.
-Yes? - Miranda said looking at him.
-Can I talk to you for a second? - Ben said seriously, but he released a slight smile involuntarily, Miranda looked at everyone, who made a small smile and Miranda rolled her eyes because she knew that when she arrived they would ask her questions, Miranda nodded and followed Ben.

They entered the headline room that was across the hall from the cafeteria and Ben stood in front of Miranda who was standing idly while Ben tried to gather his courage for what he was going to say.
-I wanted to know if we can meet somewhere to continue studying the case, in your house or in mine ... if it is not inappropriate on my part obviously, what do you say? - Ben asked a little nervous and Miranda realized that, she didn't answer him and Ben got more and more nervous.
-I mean, we can do it here at the hospital if you feel uncomfortable, I mean ... what I mean ...- Ben said and trailed off when Miranda gave a light laugh. Ben looked at her confused and she spoke.
-I will accept your offer dr. Warren, you don't have to be nervous. - Miranda said smiling and Ben involuntarily blushed, that was the most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life.

-I'll send you my address later- Miranda said and Ben nodded. They both stared for a while in the eyes, the only thing Ben thought about was bringing his body close to hers and kissing her passionately, but clearly he didn't.
-Okay, I'll go finish dinner, I'm on call tonight- Miranda said and Ben smiled at her nodding. When Miranda was walking through the door, Ben spoke again.
-Good evening, dr. Bailey- Ben said smiling and Miranda turned slowly.
-Good evening Dr. Warren- Miranda replied smiling and went out the door.