Chapter 6

Miranda picked up the file from the library, called Richard and they went to the investigation room where Ben, Olivia and James were, put their papers on the table and began to talk.
-What I am going with all this is that I already have a treatment, and I am almost sure that it will not fail- Miranda said containing her smile.
-Tell us Dr. Bailey- Ben said smiling and she rolled her eyes smiling, turned to the board and wrote.
-An abdominal wall transplant- Miranda said proudly and everyone looked confused.

-I want to collect the skin, muscles and fascia of a donor.- Miranda said
-... this surgery has been done three times, two were a success-
-But they went with a simultaneous small intestine transplant, didn't they Miranda?- Olivia added.
-This is easier because we have already repaired the inestiny- said Richard
-And I will use a bone graft to minimize rejection.-
-That will give the patient a faster recovery- said James.
-The more we repair it, the worse it will be, so why continue to repair it? It has to be replaced- said Miranda smiling.

-This is innovative, if this surgery goes well we will save many lives, there are many soldiers with the injuries of our patient and this surgery is an opportunity for them.- Ben said and they all nodded.
-I know you may think that this is crazy because I am a resident, but I know I can do it, I know that I can bring that woman back to life and give thousands of people with these injuries a chance, that's why if they are going to participate , I don't want anyone to question what I'm going to do after this point, so if we do this and we want to achieve it, we must be a team- said Miranda, everyone looked at each other and nodded.

-Richard, I want the interns to look for that donor- Ben said.
-If you wait for them to do it, you will die of disappointment- Miranda said and everyone laughed.
-You were also an intern Miranda, you can't judge them- Richard said laughing, letting her know it was a joke.
-You trained me Richard, I don't know what you're talking about- Miranda answered and everyone laughed.
-Okay, I'll talk to the interns and see if a miracle happens- Richard said laughing and left.
-Okay, we'll study the case a little more alone, see you in surgery- James said and went out with Olivia.

-This is innovative, if this surgery goes well we will save many lives, there are many soldiers with the wounds of our patient and this surgery is an opportunity for them.- Ben said and they all nodded.
-I know you may think this is crazy because I am a resident, but I know I can do it, I know I can revive that woman and give thousands of people with these injuries a chance, so if we are going to participate, I don't want anyone question what I'm going to do after this point, so if we do this and we want to achieve it, we must be a team- said Miranda, everyone looked at each other and nodded.

-Richard, I want the interns to look for that donor- Ben said.
-If you wait for them to do it, you will die of disappointment- Miranda said and everyone laughed.
-You were also an intern, Miranda, you can't judge them- Richard said laughing, letting her know it was a joke.
-You trained me Richard, I don't know what you're talking about- Miranda answered and everyone laughed.
-Okay, I'll talk to the interns and see if a miracle happens- Richard laughed and left.
-Okay, we will study the case a little more alone, see you in surgery- said James.
-They'll just study the case, I imagine- Miranda said looking at Olivia with raised eyebrows and everyone laughed.
-I would tell you the same thing- Olivia said looking at Ben and then at Miranda, Miranda rolled her eyes smiling and Olivia and James left.

Ben and Miranda were alone in the room Miranda was reading the files when Ben approached her confused and spoke.
-What were you and Olivia referring to and why did she look at me like that?- Ben said and Miranda laughed slightly.
-Em, nope, it's nothing- Miranda said looking at her file and smiling, Ben was confused but didn't speak more. Ben gave him a big hug, Miranda put her arms around his neck and Ben put his arms around his waist, both of them smiling. Miranda smelled his scent and felt like she was going to melt and if she was honest with herself, she really liked Ben.

-You're amazing- Ben said with a smile, pulling away and looking into her eyes, putting a hand on her face, Miranda smiled. They both looked from their eyes to their lips, Ben approached a little and Miranda too, joining their lips, first it was a soft and short kiss, they kissed again with love and passion, intertwining their lips, allowing their tongues to make contact, making that they both moaned. Ben's hands slid from his lower back to his butt and Miranda's hands roamed over Ben's neck and face.

They slowly parted with their eyes closed and millimeters from his lips, feeling his heavy breathing, which made both of them feel peace. They looked into the eyes and smiled.
-I really like you- Ben said, Miranda avoided blushing but couldn't.
-And you're very beautiful- Ben added and Miranda blushed again.
-I like you too- Miranda said, looking and playing with his shirt, Ben smiled, raised his face and they gave him another soft kiss.
-Well, you don't look too bad- Miranda said, frowning playfully and they both laughed. Ben stole another kiss and Miranda followed.
-It's okay, it's okay ...-Miranda said laughing.
-If we keep kissing each other, this will get out of control and we have surgery pending- Miranda said smiling with a hand on Ben's chest.
-So do we have to study the case or can I study something else? - Ben said looking her up and down, Miranda hit him on the shoulder playfully and they both laughed.
-Unpleasant- Miranda said laughing, Ben stole a short kiss from her and they went to study the case.

They studied the case for a while alone, then Richard, Olivia and James came in and studied the five together, they went home one by one until Miranda and Ben were only left, they saw that it was already midnight and that they were both yawning, they put away their materials and they went to their lockers.
Miranda started to change and Ben got a quick look at her body before turning around, he could see her great curves and her beautiful breasts, he bit back a groan and just turned around.
-Do you want me to take you home?- Ben asked hoping that Miranda would say yes.
-I came in my car, but you can accompany me to the parking lot- Miranda replied, turning her head slightly towards Ben, she could see his abs and almost moaned, she had a dream body.
-That's fine by me- Ben said smiling.

They were walking to the parking lot, talking and laughing, when they got to Miranda's car she turned to see Ben and before she could say goodbye he threw her against the car door, grabbing her hips and kissing her passionately. Miranda, when she felt Ben's hands on her hips and his lips pressed to hers, accepted them quickly, she felt comfortable in his arms and honestly, she loved to kiss him. After a couple of minutes they slowly parted, meeting their foreheads with their eyes closed.
-I wanted to do this since I met you- Ben said and they both laughed slightly, they both looked up and looked into each other's eyes.
-You kiss very well- Miranda said and Ben stole a kiss from her.
-You will have to return the kisses that I stole from you today- Ben said smiling, giving him another soft and long kiss, they parted and Ben slowly walked away.
-Good evening Dr. Bailey- Ben said smiling and winking at her.
-Good evening Dr. Warren.