Chapter 18

Miranda left her parents' room with her son in her arms and went to Richard's room.
-Come in!- Richard yelled when he heard a knock on the door.
-Sir- Miranda said entering and leaving her son on the ground to walk.
-Miranda! You weren't gone? -
-I stayed helping in traumas, but calm, I did not go to the operating room- Miranda said and Richard laughed.

-I was stopping by because I wanted to ask you ... for work- Miranda said with a pleading smile.
-Actually, I have a position for you- Richard said.
-I just need a job, I'm unemployed for a week so what you give me is perfect- Miranda said nervously and Richars laughed.
-I'm offering you to be the chief of surgery- Richard said and Miranda looked at him confused.
-Don't get me wrong, I love my work, but my years do not come alone and I need to spend more time in the operating room, I do not deny that one day I will return to the office, but that place is yours and you deserve it, you are the heart of this hospital And I still don't understand how we lived without you for so many years- said Richard and Miranda laughed.
-Thank you very much sir- Miranda said with a wide smile.
-It starts tomorrow, if you want, pack my office things and I'll send a statement about the new boss- Richard said, giving him the key to his office and grabbing his phone.

-Okay, I just ask you not to put my name on the statement- Miranda said and Richard nodded, grabbed his son and left the room.

Miranda crossed the door and went to Richard's office, which was now hers, when he entered she laughed with joy, now she was the head of the hospital who had taught her so much and she could not feel happier. He left his son on the rug along with the stuffed animal he brought from home and packed Richard's essentials in a box, put his photos and personal things, left the files in the office as they would serve him in the future, and left the box aside. Miranda looked at her watch and her father's surgery would have to be over in almost two hours, so she sat in the office chair and waited while she played with her son.

After Ben and Alice spoke he left and went to the cafeteria, he was extremely angry, sad, happy ... he did not know how to feel when he saw Miranda after so long but also found out about the changes in her life.
While on his way to the cafeteria he passed by the board of surgeries and noticed a familiar name, when he stopped he could see that it was written "Bailey, W. appendectomy", he immediately knew that it was the father of Danielle and Miranda and called Danielle from his telephone
-Hi, where are you?- Ben asked.
-In Richard's room, why? -
-I'll go there-

Ben cut the call and went to Richard's room, came in and saw Richard sleeping and Danielle sitting in the armchair in the half-asleep room, he walked over to her, sat down and touched her shoulder.
-I see on the board that your father entered surgery, is it nothing serious? - Ben asked worried.
-No, it's just an appendectomy, John is doing it with a couple of interns and everything is going well- Danielle said and Ben rolled his eyes when he heard that name.
-And how are you?-
-I'm fine, I feel confident, I went through this when I was a child and my dad is healthy, I think it will be fine-
-I hope so- Ben smiled. -And how is Miranda?-

-She's stubborn- Danielle said and they both laughed lightly.
-My dad apologized to her and all that, they even met the boy but she just left and doesn't seem like she wants to talk to them- Danielle whispered and Ben frowned in confusion.
-I do not understand-
-When Miranda found out I was pregnant and told my parents, they rejected her for not being married or having a partner, they despised her and humiliated her, they even humiliated my nephew and now Miranda despises them or something like that, so that she said she doesn't want his regret or his sorrow- Danielle whispered. Ben felt a little bad for her, he couldn't feel mad at Miranda despite everything and he just wanted to support her, but he didn't know if it was time.

Ben didn't respond to what he said, he stayed with Danielle for a couple of hours until John called them, letting them know that the surgery was over. He told them that everything was fine and that he would wake up in a couple of hours, after that they all went home.