Chapter 25

Miranda headed home, gave Danielle a message if she could stay that night with baby William and she agreed, so she picked him up at daycare and went home with the boy.

Miranda arrived and threw her things on the couch, took off her coat and left it on the rack behind the door and went to the bathroom, turned on the faucet and let the bathtub fill with hot water but not to the point of burning it, then She went to her room, went to her drawer, and pulled out her underwear and a shirt that she had stolen from John, but chose not to wear a bra.

He returned to the bathroom, undressed slowly, when he saw that the bathtub was full, he closed the tap and put a bath bomb and essential oils such as peppermint oil and lavender, among others. When he was done doing that he plunged into the water and moaned instantly as he felt his muscles relax.

She submerged his head for a few seconds under the water with the intention of wetting his hair, he applied shampoo while gently massaging his scalp, he submerged again to remove the shampoo and stayed there, only with his head and his knees above the water.

She closed her eyes, feeling useless but useful at the same time, feeling unsuccessful and successful at the same time, she didn't know what exactly to feel about it, tears began to come out of her eyes but Miranda refused to cry, she just let them come out without emitting a single Noise, the bathroom was silent and nothing was heard but his breathing and the sound of the water moving slightly.

John had heard about what happened with Miranda, he also received a message from Danielle that she would have baby William tonight at Miranda's request and was worried, she did not tell him anything and knew that she was suffering, he needed to know if she wanted his support And even if he didn't want it, he was going to give it to her, so after half an hour he left the hospital and went to Miranda's apartment.

Miranda was still in her bathtub and she realized that the water was cold, she did not feel like getting up but with what little energy she had, she did so, she got out of the bathtub and removed the plug so that the water would go away, she squeezed her hair in the tub and wrapped a towel in it and wrapped her body in her robe, just letting the water drain.

She didn't feel like spreading her lotion or something, so she got out of the bathroom and went to her room, but when she got there she just stood there, looking around and with her arms wrapped in herself, a lot of things were going through her mind in that moment.

What if Julia had died? Ben would have hated me if his mom had died? Would you stop loving me? Did you ever love me or was it a passing crush? I loved him, did I really love him? I still love her? Well, I never felt anything like that for anyone, not even for my ex who betrayed me, maybe he did love him, or didn't?

There were so many questions and so many doubts.

Wait, did I leave the oven on? Oh damn, I didn't turn off the shower, will my house flood !?

Miranda, who was desperate and almost hallucinating, ran to the kitchen only to see that everything was off, she had not cooked today.

He didn't even bother to go to the shower, he had just gotten out of there, nothing was open, was there? Maybe I should check out? Shit, SHIT.

This is what Miranda thought when she realized that she had not taken her OCD pills for two days, she went quickly to her room but before looking for the pills she went to the bathroom and vomited.

John arrived at the door of Miranda's building and stopped his car in the parking lot, grabbed the bags that were at his side and got out of the car, locking it. Before arriving he stopped at a store and bought Miranda her favorite chocolates, orange juice (which was also her favorite) and things to cook something simple and delicious that Miranda loved to eat, she knew that she had not yet bought the pantry, so he did some shopping for she.