Chapter 7 (part2)

Later...

Ben and Miranda had finished their shift and headed to the parking lot, Ben reached Miranda's car next to her and they both came up with the same idea but Miranda spoke first.
-What do you say if we go to my house and celebrate? We ordered food and we watched a movie- Miranda said giving a pleading smile, Ben laughed and nodded, they got in their cars and went to Miranda's house.

They went into the house, Ben closed the door and they both sat on the couch chatting and joking for a while and Miranda got a call from Callie.
-Hey Calliope, is something wrong?- Miranda asked, Ben did not take his eyes off her, he loved that he smiled every time he spoke, his smile was absolutely beautiful.

-Hey girl, I know you're probably celebrating your courtship or something ...- Callie said jokingly and Miranda giggled.
-... but I need you to take care of Sofía, probably a few days, Arizona had a problem in her family, Mark has to accompany us and Sofía cannot go with us.- Callie said praying that Miranda would accept.
-What's wrong?- Ben whispered.
-He wants us to stay with Sofia- Miranda whispered, Ben shook his head and Miranda smiled, she loved spending time with her goddaughter.
-Bring her, bring a lot of clothes- Miranda said happily.
-Thank you very much Mandy, I owe you one, I'll leave it to you in 5 minutes- Callie said gratefully.
-Quiet, I'll wait for you here- Miranda said smiling and cut the call.

Exactly 5 minutes passed and Callie came to the door, Miranda was standing reading something behind Ben and he opened it, Callie greeted them both and Miranda looked up from the magazine.
-Please don't have sex with my daughter here- Callie said laughing, handing Sofia to Miranda along with her backpack and Ben blushed.
-Oh my God Calliope- Miranda said laughing ashamed, Callie giggled and left.
Ben and Miranda looked at each other, blushing at Callie's comment, and laughed.

-Pizza or Chinese food?- Ben asked.
-Pizza- Miranda said, they both nodded and Ben ordered the food.
Ben moved the table from the living room rug and they sat next to Sofia, playing with her toys. Ben got up to grab something for the three of them to take and saw a photo of Miranda with a microphone in hand, apparently singing in the photo, and another photo playing the guitar, Ben looked and was dazzled to think that Miranda was singing, after grabbing Juice for the three of us sat on the floor next to Sofía and Miranda and decided to ask.
-Do you play the guitar?- Ben asked, Miranda was looking at Sofia and she looked up at Ben, she was silent for a few seconds and spoke.

-It's kept in my room, I haven't touched it for a few years, I haven't had good moments to get inspiration to compose something.- Miranda said laughing and then her smile faded.
-Why do you say that?- Ben asked, paying attention. Miranda was all the time looking at Sofia, she was silent for a minute and spoke.
-I had a boyfriend when I went to college, we had a couple of years of relationship and one day I ...- Miranda paused, laughing slightly without looking at Ben.
-... I found him cheating on me with a blonde with light eyes and a model's body. When I asked him why he did it, he ...- Miranda said pausing, Ben listened to her and gave her time to speak.

-... he said that no one in his right mind would hang out with a woman like me ... he called me ugly, fat, that my body was horrible and said it wasn't worth it ...- Miranda said, about to shed a tear, but held it back.
-... and along with the humiliation that he put me through by cheating me, he judged my weight, my body, my hair and everything that occurred to him at that moment- Miranda said, finally looking at Ben.

-Since that moment I left music, I kept my guitar and my songs forever, I haven't used them for 6 years. He ... destroyed my self-esteem to this day and I don't know if I can recover, so I only occupy my mind working and in my free time I sleep, so, I think I'm fine- Miranda said with a forced smile at the end.

Ben heard everything and was surprised, it never crossed his mind that they had deceived and offended a tremendous woman, a beautiful woman, intelligent, talented and so kind, that he simply did not understand.
-I'm sorry you went through that, I didn't deserve you.- Ben said taking his hand, Miranda looked at him and smiled.
-If you say so- Miranda said teasingly and looking down, Ben put his hand on her cheek, forcing her to look at him and smiled.
-Really Miranda, you are beautiful, intelligent, talented, gentle, BEAUTIFUL, you are beautiful just as you are and the fact that he did not know how to value you does not mean that you do not deserve more than that, because you do deserve it- said Ben
-Thank you ...- Miranda said putting her hand in his.
-... and I also wanted to thank you for being with me during my accident, that means a lot to me- Miranda said smiling and squeezing her hand.
-It's my pleasure- Ben said and they both smiled.

They told Ben that the pizza would arrive in 15 minutes, so Miranda got up from the floor and went to the kitchen to prepare food for Sofia.
-What are you doing?- Ben asked, standing with Sofia on her lap and following her into the kitchen.
-Sofia is too small to eat pizza, that's why every time she comes to my house I cook something for a baby her age- Miranda said, leaning down and taking some vegetables out of her refrigerator, Ben could have a perfect view of her butt and he almost groaned. Miranda got up and took a potato, a tomato, and a piece of meat from the freezer. He made her a quick meal by mashed potatoes and chopping the tomato and meat into small pieces, put it on a plate for Sofia and the pizza arrived.

Ben and Miranda sat at the table next to Sofia, Miranda put a special chair for Sofia while she ate and fed her at the same time.
-Do you have a house equipped for a baby and you don't have children?- Ben asked a little confused, Miranda looked at him and laughed.
-Actually, I have it like this because of Sofia, she stayed to sleep here several times and in order not to take and bring so many things I decided to buy the essentials- Miranda said smiling. -But I'm not going to deny that I've always wanted a child, just ... not everything you want can be- Miranda said with a smile and Ben nodded.
-Well, if we speak truthfully, you would be a great mom- Ben said, they both looked at each other and smiled.

-You can stay to sleep here if you want, we both enjoy your company ...- Miranda said, Ben looked at her and smiled. -... and Sofía is more work than it seems- Miranda said and Ben laughed, Miranda looked at him raising her eyebrows, waiting for his answer.
-I'd love to, but I have to go home and take a shower- Ben said and Miranda smiled.
-Okay, anyway me and this girl need a shower too- Miranda said smiling and seeing Sofia, Ben almost groaned as he imagined Miranda showering, wet and with cream on her body and almost getting hard.
-I'll leave the door open, when you get there just come in- Miranda said, getting up from the chair, Ben nodded and left.