Chapter 5

Miranda looked at her parents and touched his head, it hurt a lot.
-What happened?- Miranda asked.
-We were treating a patient, he was aggressive and hit you, you passed out for a few hours, you have a concussion but apparently you're fine with everything. Ben said smiling, still holding her hand.
-Agh, it's a bad idea to have a concussion, my head is exploding- Miranda said and everyone laughed. Hearing that, someone knocked on the door, Elena told them to come in and Richard and Mark entered with all the interns and residents.
Miranda saw everyone enter and smiled slightly.

Mark and Richard walked over and smiled.
-We're glad you're okay Bailey- Mark said smiling and then greeted Miranda's parents.
-You will have to rest, your concussion was severe, so we do not know exactly how long the recovery time may be, maybe weeks and not months.-
-If you mean my surgery, I'll do it Richard, it's MY surgery- Miranda said raising her eyebrows and everyone laughed.
-Miranda, it's okay if you take a break- William said laughing at how stubborn she was.
-Dad, I have to figure out how to give a person's abdomen back together with dr. Warren, I'll rest but I'll do that surgery- Miranda said and William rolled his eyes laughing.

Callie walked over, hugged Miranda, and Olivia patted her shoulder.
-Don't scare us like that again, did you hear me?- Callie said and everyone smiled.
-I won't, but please stop yelling- Miranda said and everyone laughed.

Two days later:

Miranda was going well with her rest, they decided to leave her in the hospital to control the inflammation of her brain and Ben went every day to Miranda's room, they talked about many things and things about the case.
Ben was with Miranda in the room chatting and laughing next to her, he had told his parents that they could go take a shower and rest since they had been two days in the hospital, Ben told them and they nodded since they trusted he.
At that, Richard entered with two inmates, they presented and Richard spoke about his condition.
-The inflammation in your brain is almost completely gone, which means that you will leave tonight, we will prescribe you pills to help reduce the inflammation faster and I will sign the necessary papers- Richard said and everyone smiled.

-Thank you dr. Webber- Miranda said and Richard smiled.
-You were lucky Miranda, you woke up and you recovered in a period of time never seen, you were close-
-Don't think you're going to get rid of me so easily Richard, I still have a lot to scold you- Miranda said and everyone laughed. Richard and the doctors left, leaving Miranda and Ben alone in the room.

-I'll finally get out of here, I love this hospital but not when I'm the patient- Miranda said arching her eyebrows and Ben laughed.
-Well then that means we are going to do the best surgery of our lives ...- Ben said raising his hands, the two high-fives and ended up intertwining their fingers.
-... surgery we don't know how to do yet- Miranda finished and they both laughed with joined hands. They looked into each other's eyes for a while and then Miranda went home.

Days after...

Miranda spent a couple of days at home resting and Ben went to visit her, they talked about many things and thought of a way to help their patient, but nothing came to mind.
Miranda went to the hospital since they authorized her to return to work, she went to her lockers to change and when she finished changing someone scared her.
-Ah!- Miranda gave a short cry and then laughed when she saw Ben behind her.
-You almost killed me Benjamin Warren.- Miranda said, they both laughed and Ben hugged her, Miranda loved his hugs and the truth was, she was falling in love with him. They separated and went to an investigation room.

In the living room...

Ben and Miranda researched and wrote down everything that seemed relevant to them but couldn't think of anything to help the woman. They were about to give up and James entered the room.
-Hey Mandy ...-
-I'm Miranda James, don't humiliate me- Miranda said and everyone laughed.
-Okay, MANDY ...- said James, Miranda rolled her eyes and the men laughed.
-Mandy is sweet- Ben said smiling and Miranda looked at him with raised eyebrows.
-If you call me that again, I'll put you on the blacklist Benj- Miranda said and everyone laughed.
-Okay I'm sorry, but don't tell me Benjamin- Ben said and Miranda laughed.

-What's wrong James?- Miranda asked.
-Your parents called me, they said they will come next week to visit you, I'm telling you because they said you don't answer your cell phone- James said and Miranda frowned.
-They left two days ago, are they harassing me or what?- Miranda said and they both laughed slightly. Olivia came in and greeted everyone.
-Well, I don't know, but they will come- said James laughing.
-By the way, you did a terrible job with the kitchen faucet, my house almost flooded- Miranda said, letting him know that she was not angry at all, since everyone knew that James was terrible repairing things, James laughed and spoke.
-Well, if it doesn't work, it has to be replaced- James said, everyone nodded and Miranda came up with the idea of ​​the year.

Miranda looked up and looked at James with a smile.
-THAT'S! IF THAT IS! - Miranda shouted and everyone looked at her confused, she went to her computer on the table and searched the hospital's online library if there was the surgery she wanted to do, and if there was a file of an attempt, Miranda took out the document number and He wrote it down on a piece of paper.
-What's wrong with you? - Ben asked laughing, Miranda ran to James and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
-I LOVE YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST- Miranda said smiling and everyone laughed.
-OLIVIA, YOUR BOYFRIEND IS AN ANGEL, TAKE CARE OF THIS MAN- Miranda said and everyone laughed again, in that Miranda went and gave Ben a short hug, he accepted his hug, Miranda separated from him and with a smile said :
-WE HAVE SURGERY- Miranda said and walked out the door smiling. They all watched him go out and his sudden change in mood made everyone laugh tenderly.

-Are those sudden mood swings hers?- Ben asked, pointing to the door and smiling.
-No, they're from her mother- Olivia answered and everyone laughed.