𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐡𝐚𝗺, 𝐍𝗼𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝗼𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

I parked my car as I pulled up in the driveway. I got out hitting the lock button on my keys and walked up the porch as I knocked on the door. The door opened as I stood there revealing Euphoria's mother.

"Hey Paris" she greeted smiling. "Come on in baby"

"Wassup Mrs. Grace" I said walking in as she stepped aside holding the door open more wider. "Everything good?"

"Everything's okay" she said nodding her head, I nodded. "How are you? Everything good with my baby, right?"

"Yeah, we good" I said, she nodded and smiled.

"Come, I wanna have a talk with you LeParis" Grace said. I followed behind as we made our way into the kitchen, I looked around seeing the house was empty leaving me with the thought of her and Euphoria being the only ones here.

"She up?" I asked eyeing Grace, she nodded.

"Yeah, but before you go upstairs there's something I wanna speak to you about..."she said sitting down at the counter, I nodded. "Do you have any experience or any type of work dealing with drugs?"

I furrowed my eyebrows before I chuckled. "Whatchu' mean?" I asked, I propped my elbows on the counter and leaned forward as I looked at her.

"Paris, I'm not going to judge you and I'm not going to be the mother that says you can't see my daughter anymore if you are. I just want to know" Grace said.

Dat' won't finna happen anyway

"Yeah" I answered, I looked at her observing her seeing if there was any type of judgement but looked away once she nodded.

"Can I ask why?" She asked, I shook my head.

"With all due respect Ms. Grace—You can call me mom" I eyed Grace as she cut me off and nodded.

"With all due respect ma, ion' really wanna speak about it. It ain't something I like ta' talk about" I said, she nodded. There was a pause of silence where I stood there wondering why this was the topic of the conversation. I didn't know if this was the right time to speak about my line of work especially to her since she was my girl's mother but I didn't want to take no chances of giving the wrong vibe to her.

What I did and I do regarding to making money, I felt like didn't have anything to do with her nor anybody else at that matter. Euphoria didn't even know what I did because that was never a conversation between her and I—but it never was something that didn't cross my mind of her knowing. She probably did.

It would've all made sense from what she'd seen from just by being around me and the boys but if she didn't, I was gone make it my own responsibility to tell her. I didn't need her hearing that shit from somebody else especially since there was already enough shit that I wanted to speak to her about.