Prologue

Run, that's all I can do. Run. My legs start to ache, but I can't stop to rest. My Clan won't let me stop till I'm out of their land. They've exiled me for becoming too close to a certain werewolf.

My mother was so disappointed in me. Werecats and werewolves are not meant to mix at all. Especially not becoming mates with each other. But I can't help who I've fallen in love with. I've fallen in love with a werewolf, and I don't think he even knows how deep my feelings are for him, and if he does, he's not said anything.

I can hear my Clan hissing and growling at me as they chase me out of the borders. Some of them are my friends and family. But I've broken the code, and this is my fate. Exiled from the place I called a home, with nowhere to go.

I let out a whimper as I run over the border line and into the woods, stopping once I'm out of the border to see my Clan has stopped and are all lined up against the border hissing and growling at me. My Clan leader - my father - Richard, standing at the front of the line, staring me down, causing me to shrink away with a whimper.

We can't exactly talk while in our werecat forms, but before they had chased me out, he had told me to never return, and if I do, I'll be chased straight back out. Or worse. I'll be killed. And I can guarantee that if we could talk right now, he'll threaten me to never return again. I broke the code, and now I am being punished.

My Clan gradually starts backing away, leaving just my father and I facing each other. I notice my mother still lingering behind my father. Suddenly, something that I didn't expect to happen, but perhaps I should've expected given the circumstances, my father launches himself at me and starts scratching and biting at me.

I fight back as best as I can, which isn't good enough. I never was really strong. Blood starts staining the grass and my dark brown and white fur. None of it my father's blood. It's all my blood.

I struggle out from under his sharp claws and run off into the trees. Blood splattering against the ground as I run from a nasty gash on my side, and I run with a limp in one of my hind legs. I feel like stopping, my body aching and screaming at me to stop, but I have to get as far away as I can from my old home. Who knows, my father could be chasing me, and I can't risk him catching me and killing me if I stop.

Gradually, my vision begins to grow fuzzy and black spots clouds my vision. The loss of blood not helping my current condition, and I collapse onto the ground, letting out a pained whimper.

I can't tell where I am, but I know it's far from my former Clan's borders. I may be near the werewolf's border, I'm not sure, but I can smell wolf. I lift my head weakly, to see two wolves running over to me. One a brown wolf with a little white on him, and the other a black wolf, with a bit of a spikey and unruly coat. But in my current state, I'm unable to recognize the wolves.

When they reach me, the smallest of the two, the brown and white wolf, sniffs my wound, causing me to whimper. The black wolf, I think, lifts me up onto the other wolf's back, causing me to whimper as I'm knocked around, and the two start walking back the way they had come, taking me with them.

That's the last I remember, before I blackout from pain and exhaustion....